two

tw: mentions of slight abuse and self harm please read with caution.

"renjun. how many times do i have to tell you that this, "his father, pointing at his student report card. "this is unacceptable"

frowning at how his father just threw away his hard work, he looked up only to see his father looking at him like he's about to kill someone.

"i'm trying to be calm and composed for all these years with you huang"renjun then felt the pain in his heart when his father called him huang. that can mean two things.

it's either he's getting beaten up again, or slapped in the face that can leave a mark. and the second option is what he received.

he stumbled back grabbing his cheeks as tears trickled down. his father already left, and he's alone.

he dropped down to the floor as loud sobs can be heared bouncing off the walls. he's pathetic, he already knows it. he's a failure, as what both his parents told him. he's a mistake that was brought up to this world.

someone opened the door revealing his mother with her hands together as she looked at her son with disgust. she harshly pulled renjun up and practically dragged him to his room and lock him there.

renjun would always thought he's not wanted, it's just like his parents are forced to take care of him. he had once to take his life. he had once thought that maybe if he's dead, he can't feel the misery he's in. he can end the countless abuse his parents lead him through.

he just can't take it anymore, but one of their made caught him when he's about to do it. the maids inside the house basically treat renjun like their own son than the parents. they would spoil renjun when the parents are away. and to see renjun taking his own life made them panic.

"you're not gonna take your own life just because you're in a difficult situation. you're gonna get through this jun, you're so strong you know that? you're only 18. you have a lot to discover"

this is renjun's life. the only time he was treated like he was made with glass was in school. even though he doesn't want to admit it, he really appreciates donghyuck's efforts in making those cute lunchboxes.

he would even look forward to it every morning. the last time renjun was treated with care was when he was sick, and donghyuck, apparently just so happens to be there.

he can vividly remember donghyuck's soft words. his honey like voice ringing through his ears.

"renjun-ah, if you have trouble don't hesitate to call me okay? i might not be strong or capable of taking care of myself either, but i would definitely be strong for you"

just remembering the sweet memory made him cry once again. he can recall of the the stuff donghyuck had let him experience.

and he's now feeling guilty for being mean to the boy but he can't help it. he doesn't know how to socialize, that just explains why he rarely talks in class.

"and can you quite down? we have guests downstairs and i don't want your pathetic cries to be heard by one of them"his mother said before walking away, her heels clicking on the ground seems to fade away as renjun is just too tired to cry anymore.

at times like this, one of the maids would open the door and give renjun some food, but no. it's just like any other day that there was guests' downstairs.

renjun then looked at his phone seeing numerous missed calls from people who actually cared for him. and that's from his cousin dejun.

no one actually other than dejun has his number.

"what?"he said between sobs and his muffled voice. the other line is filled with sighs.

"when are you escaping? the place you're living in right now is not a home. one of the maids called me saying you were treated badly again by your parents? what's your fault that made them do this to you?"

renjun scoffed, as much as he loved the care he's receiving, he knows that dejun already knows the answer.

"what are you gonna do? bail me out here? and what's new into my parents treating me like shit? and to think that the fault i made that made them resent me so much is because i'm one of their biggest mistakes"

dejun on the line can only imagine how much renjun has endured in his 18 years of life. the kid has so much more potential and living in a prison is not very ideal.

"i will bail you out of there, just watch. and the fuck? you're not a mistake"

hearing that made renjun scoff again. he's had enough. all of the times dejun would bail him out it will only lead to dejun getting caught by one of the guards.

"the amount of times you said that you will and ended up getting caught. don't even think of doing it you'll get yourself killed one day"

"i don't care if it gets me killed as long as you're not in their hands anymore. plus you're 18 and can probably be out of their care"

"what, you'll adopt me?"

"i would definitely do that"

"dejun you're 19, do you even have a job? no, so don't even try"

and with that, renjun hung up with his head on the door. of all the times he tried to escape he would still be caught no matter what.

renjun was about to go to his bed and probably pray the next day he's dead, but someone knocked on the door.

"hello?"someone from outside said making renjun raise his brows. his parents would never bring someone upstairs.

"who are you?"renjun asked raising his voice but to tell who the mysterious person outside to hear.

"i'm sungchan, i've been told to go here and give you food"renjun's ear perked up, why would his mother being him food by one of their guests? or maybe one of the maids let him deliver it.

renjun slowly opened the door revealing a tall boy with a plate full of food. "why are you here?"renjun asked as he hesitantly opened the door for this sungchan guy to come in.

"one of the maids guided me here, they said you haven't eaten anything so i'm here"he said as he placed the plate of food in one of renjuns' desk.

"and plus, your mom i assume is so boring to watch. no offence, all they were talking about was business so i decided to trick them in me using the bathroom"

the tall boy just wandered around renjun's room. he doesn't usually let people inside his room, but something in him just want sungchan to stay.

"hey, "sungchan called out making renjun look up to him. "is it okay if we're friends? i heared from your mom that we're in the same school"

renjun then thought for a bit, before finally nodding. "i don't have friends anyway, so why not"

sungchan then smiled and renjun can finally smile after all that frowning. sungchan looked over his watch and suddenly stood up.

"let's meet after school, i'll get going now"he waved as he exited renjun's room and probably back to his parents.

"friend...i have a friend"

yall omg idk why i made renjun a depressed teenage boy. ignore the grammar errors pls, and also I've already thought of the ending and y'all won't probably like it :>