twenty seven

donghyuck sat alone inside the cafeteria eating his lunch silently, but his eyes would follow renjun's movements. he can see the older running around the school after he saw him talking to chenle yesterday.

he doesn't even know why he's acting like this towards renjun. it's like he doesn't even know renjun, and it's making him feel bad.

he was about to eat again, but when he saw renjun dragging jeno outside the cafeteria made him stand up instantly and follow the both of them.

not knowing where his feet are taking him, he followed the two that ended up at the garden. "...what are they talking about?"donghyuck said while hiding behind a big bush.

he can faintly hear their voices together. he can hear a few words that he picked up, words like: "i'm sorry" or something like "i don't love him anymore"

he doesn't know whose voices that he heard because he was far. and that got him to thinking.

he doesn't wanna overthink it, but he just can't believe that renjun is cheating on him. he doesn't wanna believe it because renjun wouldn't do that, but what does he know?

but his emotions got the best of him, he ran away not caring if they saw him or heard his pathetic sobs.

"jeno!"renjun said while running towards the said male. jeno was beyond confused as to why renjun is calling him, but stayed since he bet it's something important.

having him face to face with jeno again makes him bite his lips, and avoided eye contact. looking at his feet again, he can feel stares at him and he hates every second of it.

he looked at jeno in the eyes before grabbing his wrist and take him to the garden instead. "s-sorry, i just wanna talk to you without that much people around"letting go of jeno's wrist, he softly patted the spot next to him and jeno sat next to him.

"this is weird─"

"i just wanna talk─"

they both looked at eachother and let out laughter, it's just like they're not in this awkward tension together.

"you go first, "jeno said while looking at renjun, tilting his head to the side. "it seems like you wanna talk?"

that made renjun smile. "no shit, jeno"he looked at his hands and played with his fingers before talking. "i talked to chenle yesterday, "

he looked at jeno again and his expression is hard to read. "and he told me parts i want to know"

"so jeno, can you tell me what is going between you and chenle? who do you really love?"renjun said throwing small pebbles and just throwing everything small that comes in contact with his small dainty fingers.

jeno sighed, he doesn't know how to answer it really. of course he would pick chenle but donghyuck is someone precious to him since day one.

he then remembered the day he lied to chenle that he still loves donghyuck. he can see the hurt expression the younger got. it broke his heart.

"i mean, "

"i never did found someone new, why would i? i still love donghyuck"

suddenly remembering the words chenle said to him hurted twice.

"so you still love him? even after you already told me you've moved on?"

he was always telling himself that donghyuck is the only boy he likes─ loves, and no one else. but chenle came and everything became so blurry for him.