thirteen

looking at his parents at the living room, donghyuck went to them and positioned himself in between them.

"so honey, how are you and renjun?"donghyucks mother asked while running her fingers on his hair. "we're good, but he's having a hard time right now"

"how so?"now his father turned his attention to his son and wife. "renjun's dad knew our relationship, he was never fond of me in the first place"

"mr. huang...renjun's dad?"

"yes mom. why?"

both parents looked at eachother with guilt as they looked at their son who has a puzzled look. "honey, we—we told the huangs about your relationship and—"

"YOU WHAT?!"donghyuck jumped out in between them and looked at both of them in disbelief. "why?"calming down, he resist himself from punching someone in the face right now.

"w-we— we never knew"his mom obviously not used to this side of donghyuck is clearly scared. "we never knew he's not fond of you, and we never knew he's that hard on renjun"

"we thought he already knew and we talked about it— he even said he's happy!"

"do you think he is? then why don't you look at renjuns arms and face. i think you guys noticed the faint bruises"donghyuck basically screamed before messing his hair out of frustration.

"he's not mentally okay mom, dad. he was never okay"and that's when donghyuck broke down into tears. his parents obviously were clouded with guilt.

"i'm here to protect him, but you guys just had to ruin it"tears are falling nonstop from his eyes, and the image of renjun crying inside his head is making him feel bad.

"if he knows about this,, he will— he will break up with me"it has been a few weeks since they've been together, and he wants it to last.

"donghyuck we're so sorry"seeing his mom cry made his heart shatter. but the only thing inside his head right now is renjun.

"do you think that a simple sorry can take away the pain he's receiving?"his voice became quite. his love for renjun is massive, and remembering his words he exchanged to renjun that day, he's so cere about it.

"he's been in so much pain for all these years and this is the only time he's finally fighting back. don't you think he had enough of pain already?"

seeing their son talk about renjun like this is making their heart full. they love renjun, just like how donghyuck loves renjun too.

"we will fix this okay? we will"

"but how?"hearing his voice crack then the guilt in them spread. "we will think of something"

tw: homophobia, mentions of physical and mental abuse, sexual assault. there might be more triggering stuff down there so be careful! <3

"don't you think it's the great time to break them apart?"mark asked as he faced mr. huang across the table. "let's just wait. renjun is staying somewhere not too far from here"

no because mark is taking lee donghyuck back. and yes, he's using renjuns parents to do so. and yes, renjuns parents said yes of course. why? to help renjun get through his thick skull that dating donghyuck is nothing but a waste of time.

"we have to let donghyucks parents agree to this so that they can convince donghyuck to break up with my son"oh so he's calling renjun his son now.

"i believe that's going to be hard"mrs. huang said while putting down cups of tea on the table. "donghyucks parents are one-hundred percent okay with this relationship"