6

"UGHHHHHH!!!!" I gasped for air and coughed about was the next thing I remembered. The first person I saw was Francis and he looked at me so worried. Once the realization had set in about the details I sort of put up an attitude. I feel bad for doing it because he saved my life but I had no idea what else to do. He had performed mouth-to-mouth on me, and for some reason, that one detail was driving me crazy.

The only thing I could think to do was push him away emotionally so he doesn't think we are suddenly friends now. Don't get me wrong! I do appreciate what he did for me, but I just don't know what to do with all this information circulating in my head. I'm not even going to bother telling my brothers either because they would freak out badly.

However, every time I close my eyes, I suddenly get this vision of Francis giving me mouth to mouth. The idea of us doing that made me nearly bash my head multiple times. I can't think about this as I'm getting ready to return to Europe! This is a complete disaster.

"I heard about your loss Arthur, I'm so sorry. If you need anyone, I'm here for you," Alfred came up to me. I nodded at him and smiled in a thank you. "Thank you so much, but I think I'll be fine," I laughed awkwardly. I looked across the room and noticed Francis staring at us. I waved at him with a smile and stuck my tongue out at him.

His eyes widened at what I did, and he soon became visibly annoyed. Francis quickly placed his pen down and lifted up a bag he was carrying and started to walk in my direction. It made me a little nervous, and I tried to look away from him. "Can I steal him for a bit?" Francis asked Alfred. Alfred smiled at him and began to nod. Francis suddenly grabbed my wrist and began to pull me into the farthest janitor closet away from everyone.

"What are you doing? Didn't your parents tell you not to touch people who don't like being touched?" I asked, annoyed. He began to glare at me and massage his temples. "Look, will you cut the crap already? I've been trying to talk to you for a bit," he looked at me, annoyed.

My face softened, and I furrowed my eyebrows. "About what!" I asked, confused. He lifted up the bag I saw earlier and handed it to me. "I know you are too busy being a dick but I'm trying to help you out here," he spoke. I looked inside the bag at the contents and I felt shocked. It was all the things that I had lost that night. My hat and jacket looked washed and clean. My old work bag looked clean as well with some salvaged papers inside including my wallet that I've been freaking out about. Lastly, my phone was also in there too.

"I did my best to get all the water out of your phone by putting it in some rice. It's working, and I charged it a bit for you," he spoke quietly. My eyes widened some more, and I looked at him shocked.

It's no use!! Despite my efforts to push him away, he somehow made me feel even more shitty. I soon began to laugh and I fell to my knees. "Hey?! What's wrong? Are you alright?" He asked, confused. I breathed out tiredly as he came down to my level.

"Why are you doing this for me? We hate each other and I treat you like shit all the time," I spoke out. He was taken aback at what I asked and began to look around the closet. "I don't know..... I guess I've been thinking a little bit, and maybe it's time for a truce," he suggested. I felt shocked, and I held my bag of stuff closely. "Thank you for saving me Francis.... and getting my stuff back. I'm sure you've heard that my brother recently passed, so I guess this was really nice," I spoke.

I stood up and held a hand out for him to grab. Francis smiled at me for once and took it, to which he stood up. "I'm in your debt, and I owe you one," I added with a smile. His eyes widened, and he nodded, a little shocked at what I said. "Does this mean we are going to try and get along more often?" He asked. I began to laugh really hard at what he said, and I began to shake his hand.

"It's adorable that you think that.... don't get me wrong. I really appreciate it, and if you ever need anything at all I'm in debt to you. However, that doesn't mean anything. It sucks to say this, but you need to try a little harder if you want me to actually believe you want to be my friend," I smirked at him. His jaw dropped and he soon began to glare at me.

"Ugh, I knew you were an evil man, but I didn't think this much! Who would want to be friends with you anyway? You smell like old people's cream, and you are mean to me anyway! In fact! You would look cuter if you were silent."
"As if I want to make myself cute in your eyes? You are a crazy man who always smells like cheese and wine."
"Why you! News flash, the 1960s want their clothes back; at least I know how to dress."
"As if I care how I dress!"
"That makes sense coming from a guy like you," he spoke.

We began to breathe out heavily, and I looked away from him. "I just knew you weren't serious at all," I added. "Yeah? At least I tried. You are mad all the time for no reason; it's no wonder we never got along," he spat at me. My eyes widened, and I turned to look at Him. He actually looked a bit distressed, and I began to feel like a terrible person. "Have a good day," he said softly. His face grew soft, and he left me in the closet by myself.