12

I do not know why I was second-guessing what I would be wearing. I'm just going to his house for drinks! Why do I care so much about how I look? Maybe I want to make a good impression? Or maybe it's because I want to try and make friends with him? I have no idea, but I want to still try.  I looked at myself in the mirror and I just had sweats on. I guess this will have to do.

I quickly grabbed my things and headed out the door, looking at my GPS at the same time. It was about an eight-minute walk which I did not mind. I loved walking wherever I went so this was no exception.

It was pretty dark outside and as I walked I began to think of him. Francis was an interesting character, for sure. He and I always fought with each other and then he suddenly saves my life...... yet, somehow it drove him to a conclusion that meant he needed to be friends with me. Maybe in a way, he is only acting nicely in order to not feel guilty if I were to suddenly pass away. If that is the case, then what am I doing?

Why do I want to try and make friends with him? He and I never got along .... and it isn't because he saved my life either. Thinking about that night scared me a little bit and even had me having nightmares once in a while, but it wasn't serious. Thinking about how Francis saved me, makes me feel.....it makes me feel......

How does it make me feel?

Grateful?
Happy?
Confused?
Relieved?

I do feel relieved about not dying, but I don't know... something else is missing from this feeling of relief.

I finally looked up from the GPS and saw that I had finally made it to his home. I took a giant breath and walked up to his door. I fixed my hair a little bit and quietly knocked on the door. I felt extremely nervous but he definitely didn't waste any time answering the door for me. "Arthur! Hi! You look comfortable," he smiled. His smile...... definitely made me feel something that wasn't hatred.  I nodded at him and walked into his home. "It smells really good in here," I spoke.

He smiled at me some more and nodded. "I made some bread! Would you like some?" He asked nicely. His generosity was throwing me off a little bit, but I just nodded.  "Come on, take a seat," he smiled. I nodded and followed him into the kitchen. It was decorated very well and made me begin to wonder something about him.

No straight man decorates this well.....

I took a seat, and he showed me the bread he made. I didn't know he baked.....

I continued to try his bread, and it tasted amazing. Some of the best bread I have ever had. He looked at me really happy, and it melted my heart a little bit.

No fully straight man bakes this well......

"So, are you seeing anyone?" I asked. Francis took a seat and shrugged. "I have no hope, I guess," he laughed. I nodded and shrugged "There has to be a girl you are trying for, though, right? I'm sure she would love this bread," I smiled a little. Why was I so curious about it?

"Ahhh.... women.... no luck with them at all," he laughed out a bit nervously. He couldn't be... right? "How about some wine?" He cheered. He has wine...? Interesting.

"What about you?" He asked
"With women? No luck either; I guess it's my attitude sometimes.... it scares them off," I laughed nervously. "What do you mean by that?" He asked. Francis began to pour me a glass, and I leaned against the table. "Well... I guess I tend to be a little mean..... and the ones I've dated have been really good at just leaving immediately," I spoke. He looked at me, shocked, and I shrugged.

Francis began to sip on his wine, and I began to look at his features. He was a beautiful person, no doubt; too bad he had a terrible attitude most of the time. He tilted his head as if wondering what I was looking at. "What is it?" He asked. "Nothing....." I sputtered. I sat up straight and felt my cheeks getting hot.

I noticed him biting down on his lip a little, and it really made me wonder more. He isn't straight.... it just isn't adding up. A person like him was single but liked women? Maybe he was more into men. And if he was, what does that have to do with me? Why do I care so much? I'm not against it; I just......

Why do I care so much?

I scratched the back of my neck and looked at him softly. His hair looked smooth, and he looked different in his home clothes. "Did you Like the bread and wine?" He asked. I nodded, and he smiled, relieved. "How about we sit in the living room, on the sofa.... it would be more comfortable," he spoke. I nodded eagerly and stood up first. "Yes! Let's do that," I spoke.

Why am I suddenly acting this way? I'm not gay or anything...... I mean, I guess I wouldn't mind- NO! Anyone else but him! I have no idea why I'm thinking this way about him. He probably isn't giving it a second thought when it comes to me, either! I'm an asshole!

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and followed him into the living room. Francis sat down first, and then I followed right after him. We were a little closer this time, but I sat up straight to not relax. If I were to relax, I might get sleepy from the wine and fall asleep. This cannot be happening right now!