15(final)

I was running! Back to work! To find Francis! This is ridiculous, right? I mean he might not see me that way at all, we hardly know each other, we are barely friends... and this attraction is based on an act of decent morality. If I feel this way.... why am I rushing to do as Alfred said, why am I even trying!!-.... "watch it!!" Someone spoke. I had run into someone after being lost in thought. I saw all the papers on the floor and quickly picked them up. "I'm so sorry, I was in a rush, and I wasn't thinking," I spoke out.

I looked up to see Francis and it was like my heart skipped a beat. He saw me as well and became shocked that it was me who ran into him. "Hey! It's fine! Are you okay? Why are you running? Did Alfred do something to you?" He began to ask so many questions. He sounded like a worried husband. I shook my head and quickly grabbed his wrist "come with me," I spoke. I pulled him towards me and I began to walk towards the supply closet we seem to go in a lot.

"Arthur, what's wrong?" He asked. I pulled him into the supply closet and locked the door behind us. "What are you doing?" He asked, shocked. I felt my heart race super fast, and my face gets hot. I knew I was red from how embarrassed I was feeling. I turned to look at him and saw his cheeks look a little pink. He looked confused, and his eyes were staring right threw me. "Arthur? What happened with Alfred?" He asked.

I tilted my head, confused, and saw how much he looked bothered. "Nothing too bad.... he confessed his feelings for me," I answered. He was taken aback by what I said and waited for me to tell him his response. "Did you reciprocate?" He asked. I breathed and began to shake my head. I don't think he was expecting that answer from me. "But why? You didn't want to give him a chance?" He asked.

"No.... it's because I think I like someone else.... but I don't know if I should tell them how I feel," I began. He seemed to tense up a lot, and he began to lean against the wall. "Did you come here to ask for advice?" He asked. I breathed out some more and shrugged my shoulders. I leaned against the wall and looked at him slowly. "Alfred told me I should tell them, right now, actually. It was after I rejected them... I'm sure that must have been hard on him," I spoke.

"I'm sure..... so did you need my final approval or something? If you like them you should go for it," he spoke. I nodded in agreement and smiled at him. "I'm not sure they feel the same way, and I'm worried that what I'm feeling is just a superficial thing. As if I don't like them and only what they have or might provide me.... does that make sense?" I asked. He nodded at me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sure it isn't superficial, besides.... it doesn't hurt to just go for it. Also, they would be a fool not to be interested in you, I've learned that you are an amazing person to be around, so I don't think it would hurt for you to try," he encouraged.

I smiled at what he said and began to laugh nervously. We were so close, and I could easily tell him how I felt. Maybe it is too soon to know what I'm feeling? There I go again! Overthinking and second-guessing myself. I really don't want to be rejected, and I'm sure there is a chance he will reject me. To think that he had so much control over me without realizing it. "Francis!...I!..." I tried to start.

Nothing came out of my mouth, I was trapped in this weird loop. He looked at me, confused, and I grabbed his face. It shocked him a lot, but I had to try and maintain my confidence. "What is it, Arthur?" He asked. He was slightly shaking under my touch, and I could feel how hot his face was. His cheeks were red, and his eyes were dilated. Maybe I was making a mistake by doing this? And I was just being weird and making him uncomfortable.

"What's gotten into you?" He asked, confused. "Francis, just shut up! I'm trying to think!" I yelled. The sudden outburst shocked him a little, and he looked at me nervously. "You are giving me mixed signals, and it's scary," he said, confused.

I rolled my eyes at him and did the thing I could think to do next.

"Arthur, what has gotten into you?" Francis asked. I suddenly hugged him, and it was like my brain was going to melt. I don't know what I was doing! Why was this harder than I thought it would be? "Listen, if you'd like to come over tonight and talk about it, you can," he suggested. I slowly separated from him and looked him in the eyes. He was so beautiful, and I had to tell him. However, he might think I'm weird now.

"So what is it then?" He asked. "Nothing... I guess I just missed you," I lied. I wasn't ready to tell him. And I probably won't tell him tonight. His face looked a little saddened, but he quickly smiled. "You are so odd, come over tonight, and I'll make you dinner," he smiled. Francis came closer to me, and I froze "what are you doing?" I asked.

He slowly planted a kiss on my cheek and my eyes widened. My cheeks were red, and I was at a loss for words. "I-... I-... I-..."

"I'll see you tonight, Arthur," he winked at me. Francis walked past me and out of the closet we were in. I slowly lifted a hand to my cheek and felt this goofy smile suddenly spread on my face. "See you then..." I whispered.