13

"You can relax a little," he smiled. I nodded nervously and sat back on the sofa. His arm was almost around me but I felt really comfortable. "What's wrong with you? You seem a bit off," he asked. I turned my head to look at him and shrugged. "I'm not sure... I think I've realized something and it is kind of a mind blower," I tried to laugh. He tilted his head confused and I began to lean my head back. Almost leaning my head on his arm. Our faces were close but not too close and I looked him in the eyes.

"About what?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders again and looked away from him. "I guess... I'm still confused as to why you want to be my friend so badly," I answered. He nodded in agreement and breathed out. "It's not that I'd feel guilty.... but after that night I saved you..... I've had this pulling urge to get to know you. I want to know everything about you, Arthur!" He spoke suddenly.

My eyes widened and I turned to him. His face was serious, and he began to lift his hand. Softly, Francis placed his hand on my cheek and looked at me sweetly. "I need to know everything about you, your hopes and dreams. Your likes and dislikes... I have to," he continued. My face felt hot, and my lips parted "but why?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders and came closer to my face. My eyes widened, and he began to caress my cheek softly. "Francis....?" I asked, confused. His lips were nearly touching mine, and he suddenly paused. I wasn't fighting against him, but I supposed I didn't know what to do. "Stop!" I spoke suddenly. He separated from me quickly and looked shocked. "You are drunk, don't be an idiot like Alfred," I spoke.

His eyes widened, and he completely separated from me. "If you are serious about this, then talk to me when you don't have alcohol in your system. So don't be an idiot tonight and ruin everything," I spoke. His eyes only widened more, and he suddenly began to laugh out loud. It shocked me at how sudden it was, and I sat up straight.

"What?" I asked shocked and annoyed. He continued to laugh until he wiped a tear away from his eye. "You are something else Arthur, and I think we are going to get along just fine. Of course, unless I annoy the hell out of you, but I can't promise you that I won't be doing that," he smiled. "Oh..." was all I could say. He began to smile at me some more and caressed my hair softly. "What do you say? Do you want to get along?" He asked.

I tilted my head looking at him and nodded slowly "that would be nice, yes please," I spoke softly. He was an idiot, but I think I could manage this for the least.

My face felt hot, and I was sure that my cheeks were red. However, this feeling felt fantastic. It was like I wanted more of it and I wouldn't ever get enough. I began to move away from him slightly, and it looked like it confused him a little bit. "I think maybe you should tell Alfred what happened if he brings up that night or if he has feelings for you. Don't beat yourself up over it..... I mean unless you feel that way for him?" He asked in a sneaky way.

I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head "I don't feel that way for him. I think it's been a while since I've felt that type of way for anyone. I think it might be difficult for me to have a crush on someone or love them," I explained. He smiled at me sweetly and shook his head "maybe hard to fall in love, but I think you could definitely be interested in someone. You just might not know it," he smiled. I nodded at what he said and began to consider it. "Maybe; I guess I will have to wait and see."

My heart was beating so fast.... it was like it wanted to jump into his arms. "Would you like some more wine?" He asked. I nodded my head slowly, and he flashed me a smile. It was like he surrounded me with a blanket. The blanket was the warmth of his smile, and it was freaking me out. I knew the problem was that I was having a crush on him. Why though? What did he do to cause this? Maybe I liked the fact that he saved me?

If that's the case.... then I really don't feel that way for him. I just like that he saved me.... does that make me shallow in a way? Liking something he provided me? That seems very dickish and manipulative. I'm not really into him that way, and I need to stop thinking I could be. This new realization just made me a lot more sad than it should have.

I looked back to Francis, who was staring at me. "What is it?" I asked. "Nothing..... you were just thinking really hard," he chuckled. My cheeks felt hot, and I looked away from him "I guess I'm figuring stuff out," I spoke. Francis touched my cheek and urged me to look at him, which I did. "Don't stress about it, at least not right now. Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked. His voice was soothing, and I was at a loss for words. "No, I think I will be fine... no need to worry," I laughed.

He was someone I hated before.... those types of feelings don't suddenly go away. So why is it that now it suddenly did? Although I think this way, and I keep trying to convince myself I need to feel this way..... I can't seem to hate him anymore.