9

Cons! Obviously, he is obnoxious, he insults my clothing, he is overly conceited, and so much more! The cons cannot overturn the pros at all! The pros are obvious. He saved me, is trying to be nice, and is showing some interest. I mean I suppose that we really didn't mean our insults maliciously. I don't think I could wish death or too much ill will on him.

The image of him crossed my mind, and my face softened. "Maybe I should give it a shot?" I whispered to myself. "Give what a shot?!" A voice suddenly spoke. I screamed slightly and immediately began to shove my list on my desk.

There was Alfred with a dumb smile on his face, and I was sitting here with an extremely red face. "God, don't scare me," I spoke nervously. I hope he didn't see that list. "Sorry, I just wanted to see if you wanted to go out for drinks tonight. Just you and me?" He asked. My heart race began to calm down, and I began to laugh. "Sure, that doesn't sound so bad," I smiled.

Alfred looked excited and waved me off. He was a nice guy, more of a brother type of person. I mean to me at least, he definitely makes me think of my family.  Once he walked away from me, I began to think about Francis some more. His face was nice when he was throwing insults at me and he did have a nice build, I mean he even saved me. I'm pretty heavy, so he must be pretty strong.

I was looking at nothing as I was thinking of Francis. He does have nice hair too, and he can be nice when he really wants to, also seeing him smile more would be nice. "He-llo Ar-Thur" a voice whispered in my ear. I nearly jumped out of my seat as I turned to see Francis being centimeters away from my ear.

I turned my head to look at him, and we had gotten extremely close. "What do you want?" I asked annoyed. "Oh nothing, just wondering about what you were thinking so hard about. Is it about Alfred? He told me he asked you to go for drinks," Francis spoke.

"Ehhhhh? He did but honestly, what's it to you? Also, that's not even what I was thinking about," I spoke annoyed. I shook my head and turned away from him, and this time my heart wouldn't stop beating so fast. It was like the closeness was making me nervous. "How about we meet up after work sometime? My treat, I would like to get to know you more," he smiled.

My eyes widened as I looked at his smile and began to pinch the ends of my fingertips to calm my heart rate. "I will if you are more honest with me on why you want to get to know me. As well as the pros and cons of getting to know you. You have to tell me how it would benefit me," I spoke seriously. His eyes widened and he began to think.

"How long do I have to come up with it?"
"Well, when do you want to meet?"
"I was hoping for Friday night."
"Then I need to know by Friday morning, and you have to tell me with confidence."
"Hmmmm.... so I have two days to figure it out?"
"Yes."
"I could do that, but what happens after I tell you?"
"I'll determine if it is good enough"
"Hmmmm..... you got a deal then," he smiled determinedly.

I shook my head at him and turned away from him. "I hope you have a lot of fun with Alfred, the both of you seem like the type to get along," he spoke. His words made me jump and I looked at him confused. "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked. He shrugged and looked me in my eyes. "Just that the two of you could make great friends.... maybe even lovers," he whispered.

My eyes widened, and I glared at him. "First of all, that's none of your business, second, what do our sexualities have to do with anything? I don't know him, but I don't see him that way. Also, if you are trying to figure out if I go for men, then you are stupid if you think I'd share that type of information with you," I whispered back to him.

His eyes looked shocked, and his face suddenly turned red. "So I hit the mark? Well.... it's none of your business so stop worrying about it," I looked at him. "I was just curious I suppose....I guess I'm eager to see the type of person you are outside of work," he whispered.

As he said that, we had been looking at each other, and for some reason, it really hit me. My heart was beating fast and my face felt really hot. For some reason, what he said made me lose my mind. "Are you okay? You don't seem so well," he spoke. Francis placed a hand on my forehead to feel it, and it didn't make anything better. My eyes widened at the fact that he touched me, and I quickly moved away from him. "What's wrong? Stop being a baby," he teased.

I was extremely nervous, and I looked everywhere else that wasn't him. "No! I'm fine, just a little thrown off," I whispered nervously. I hate this guy! Why is he making me nervous? None of this was making sense to me, and now I was feeling eager to hear his pros and cons that will convince me. Even though I told him to do that, somehow, there was this realization deep down. I knew that no matter what he said, I would agree to spend time with him outside of work. It was an odd thing to think about, but I know deep down that I was going to try and make friends with him.