Twink

Barry had taken Preminger to a quaint flower shop a few streets from the Benson Building.

"This is where we're getting lunch?" Preminger asked.

"This is where my girlfriend lives!" Barry said. Girlfriend? Preminger's heart broke in that moment. Barry kept talking, but Preminger heard nothing. He watched almost in third person as she came out of the flower shop. Vanessa Bloome. She was perfect. Tall, pretty, female. Everything Preminger could never be. She invited them in and as Preminger sat down, he suddenly snapped back to reality.

"So... lovely to meet you Vanessa. I'm Barry's new personal assistant, Preminger," he introduced himself as she set out a tea set and little honey sandwiches on the table.

"Barry has told me all about how he found you on the streets and took you in, you poor thing," Vanessa said. Her tone was condescending.

"Yeah well, I'm living with a coworker now, so I'm doing much better. Barry probably saved my life," Preminger smiled at Barry, who gave him a little wink in return. Preminger's heart fluttered. Vanessa stuck her head in between them, interrupting the moment.

"That's great, but I need to talk to my boyfriend so, babe could we step to the back room for a minute?" Vanessa ordered, rather than asked.

"Of course," Barry said, and the two disappeared behind a white door. Preminger nibbled on a honey sandwich. It was lovely. Barry and Vanessa's voices were muffled, but he could definitely tell they were arguing about something.

"...you can't just show up here with an unannounced..." Vanessa screeched.

"Baby-"

"No! I can't believe you brought that twink with you! I thought we talked about this!"

"Preminger is just a hobo I found in the park!" Barry cried. That one hurt. Preminger stood to leave.

"Then why is he here?" Vanessa asked. Preminger was a step out the door when he paused. He wanted to hear Barry answer this.

"Beecause... He's magical. He's not nobody, he's one of the hardest and most efficient workers I've ever met," Barry explained. Preminger sat back in his chair.

"Well, if he's so magical he can have you! I'm done Barry!" Vanessa shouted. She stormed out of the back room and Barry flew close behind. She got in Preminger's face and glared, "I hope you enjoyed the sandwich but both of you need to leave!" She ordered.

Preminger was not swayed. "The lunch was lovely, hope to see you again sometime," he coolly retorted. Vanessa visibly shook with anger at his indifference.

Barry flew to Preminger's shoulder and Preminger stood up. Barry looked sadly at Vanessa, who huffed and looked away. "Let's go buddy," Barry said to Preminger, and the pair exited the flower shop.

Preminger had one thought in his mind. Barry is single now.