Chapter 1: To be a streamer

Dream's eyes slowly blinked open to the gentle song of bird in the withering floridian summer air. He exhaled slowly, mentally preparing himself for the morning. He sat up and opened the blinds covering the heat radiating window above his bedside. He recoiled, temporarily blinded by the bright light emitted from the morning sky. Given moments later he opened his eyes and stretched out his arms then his back. Dream pushed himself out of bed and, without even getting dressed, he walked out shirtless in pajama pants to the bathroom across the hallway from his bedroom. Living alone, it was rather quiet besides the pitter patter of patches' paws. Dream stood in front of the sink and stared into the mirror. A feeling of emptiness washed over him; "Am I good enough for them?" The thought often crossed his mind. What if his fans are disappointed in his appearance once he does show his face? The pressuring thoughts caused a tension in his muscles. Dream gripped the sink firmly with his large, muscular hands. He took a deep breath to calm himself down before he splashed water over his face. The coolness of the water made his muscles relax. Dream stared himself in the mirror once again, this time with a more confident air. He gently patted his hands over his cheeks to give himself more confidence. "You've got this, Clay." He said to himself. And with that he was ready to get into his usual entertaining character.

Dream made his way back to his bedroom and changed into a sweatshirt and sweatpants. He paced gently down the hallway to the kitchen where he filled up his large waterbottle full of water to be prepared for George's stream. With the waterbottle, Dream went into his office and booted up his pc. On his secondary monitor he pulled up Discord and George's offline stream to prepare for when he goes live. On his primary monitor he had opened Minecraft. His eyes darted to his secondary monitor when he heard Discord's notification sound. It was George. The message read 'Started stream soon, you better be ready.' And with that; George went live. Dream watched with a small grin tugging at the corners of his mouth as George excitedly greeted his viewers. Dream was lost in thought, thinking of everything and anything involving George, his best friend. After spacing out for a good 20 minutes, Dream snapped back into reality. He joined the call where George had been sitting and he finally caved into a large smile as he heard that familiar voice. "Dream! Welcome!" George said with a big smile and lots of enthusiasm. "You never told me what we were doing this stream?" Dream said with a chuckle. Talking to George easily brightened his day. "We are going to be pranking technoblade on the smp!" George said triumphantly. "Oh are we now? Are you sure that's a good idea?" Dream snickered. He couldn't help but stare at George's face. He examined every small detail, every blink, every movement. "Come on dream," George rolled his eyes and scoffed. "You act like I'm bad at pvp." George laughed softly. "Well you are." Dream couldn't stop smiling.

"Okay okay whatever you say Dream." Goerge put emphasis on dream's name in a mocking tone. "Just get on, I've got everything." Dream got on minecraft and everything was a blur. After about an hour and a half, Dream had left the call. They had successfully redecorated texhnoblade's house without his knowing and had a good laugh about it. Dream sat in his chair and leaned back, stretching his back over the length of the chair. He was still watching George's stream of course. Dream knew exactly what he would do, he'd get a good kick out of it aswell. He dialed George's number into his phone and called. He watched as George looked down at his desk.Briefly, a small smirk flicked over George's face at the sight of Dream's contact calling him. He answered the call, "Yes Dream?" He extended Dream's name quite a bit. "Can the stream hear me?" Dream asked quickly then cleared his throat. George shook his head as he responded, "No they can't." A wave of mischief flew over Dream. "In that case, what's up cutie." He said in a warm, low tone. He watched as George's eyes widened and he looked away, covering his face with his hand. Dream couldn't tell if George was flustered or embarassed. Whatever it was, it made dream want to say even more. "You look so good right now, I could almost.." Dream didn't finish the sentence as he was cut off my Goerge's; "DREAM!" The brunette's face was turning a gentle shade of pink. "I could almost kiss you." Dream said in a deep seductive voice. With that, George's hands left his keyboard and covered his face. He was so flustered he wasn't even able to play Minecraft anymore. Behind George's soft hands, his face was visibly turning a bright red.

Dream bit his lip. The sight of George so flustered.. Was it turning him on? He didn't think about it. He just wanted more of it. "But you would like that wouldn't you?" He chuckled softly. "DREAM!" George yelled again, this time less confident. "Oh my gosh stop!" George was basically a tomato at this point. "I think you're adorable, George."
"Dream-" George took a deep breath. He managed to recompose himself. "Seriously stop. It's not funny." George said with a serious expression on his face. "It's not a joke." Dream said then choked. Of course it was a joke. This is how they always treated each other. It was always just a joke, nothing more, nothing less. "Good bye Dream." George hung up the phone. Dream sat there, watching as George recollected himself into his regular stream persona. He wasn't paying attention though, all he could think about was when he said "It's not a joke." Because it is a joke. It's always been a joke. Dream has never had feelings for George and yet he can't explain the sudden desire to see George so flustered. Dream clasped his hands over his face. He needed to think.