Chapter 16: Thoughts

Dream scrunched his nose in disgust at the smell of piss and the stinging wetness on his legs.

"Are you fucking kidding me." He groaned and quickly got out of bed.

Dream quickly walked down the hall to his bathroom and stripped his clothing from his body.
He stepped over the ledge of the bathtub and turned on the shower, shocked for a moment by the sudden cold water that soon heated up.

He literally just pissed himself.

What is he 8?

Jesus, Dream couldn't stop thinking about how embarassing that is. Even though nobody knew, and nobody was going to, he still couldn't help feeling embarassed.
He washed himself thoroughly in the shower then started to think less of the pissbaby he is and more about that dream.
He needed to take a serious while to try to figure out what these dreams mean.

He really needed to think about it.

The entire day he was offline, taking time to clean his house, spend time with patches and most importantly, try to figure out what the dreams mean.

He retraced every memory he had of the series of terrifying dreams.
The first one, he had woken up in the backseat of his car. He was in a grassy field surrounded by an endless field of tall flowers.
George had found him.
George told him he had no face and he ran away.
Instantly Dream was chased down by some nightmarish black figure.

There was a reoccuring pattern, Dream had realized.
As soon as Dream found himself seperated from George, he was in danger. They both were.

But what does that mean?
It's not like being away from George is fatal, he does live across the world afterall.

London.

He suddenly remembered his trip to London is swiftly approaching as well as his meetup with George.
That was not important now.
But what does them being seperated in the dream have to do with anything?

Help.

He couldn't make sense of any of this.

What were those things chasing him and what was that stormy ocean he found himself in when they caught him?
He tried his hardest to think of what they could be.
why did the fire split apart for them when they walked toward it?
What was that THING that chased him?

What the fuck.

He tried to collect every bit of information he could.

Dream grabbed a paper and started writing down the things from in his dream. He sat comfortably at his desk with his computer turned off.

26.

He just remembered that he saw the number 26 on a log just before George had passed out and the fire disappeared soon after.

What does the number 26 mean?

Dream tried to recall every time he had encountered the number.

He had gone missing for 26 hours..

26 again.

What was the connection with the number?

And..

Dream slammed his hands on his desk.

His hotel number is room 26.

Is this some sort of threat? A warning of death? A bad omen?
Dream's head raced with thoughts. Was this number 26 a malicious number of haunting?
He turned on his computer and pulled up google.

'What does the number 26 mean?' He searched.

Many sites appeared, explaining the number's significance to different religions.
After hours of reading dozens of sites information, he found one reoccuring thing between the number.

26. The number of renewal, new beginnings, fortune, prosperity and love. Also known as the Angel's number.

The Angel's number, 26?

Was this truly a sign of good fortune?
How could all these bad things happen when he has 'good fortune'?

This was too stressful.

Too much.

Fuck this.

/Creator note: Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying my story as much as I enjoy writing it, I've decided to start writing a second DNF fanfic but I will definitely still be uploading to this one! I don't plan for it to end for quite some time!/