Chapter 13: The call

"What do you want Dream?"

Dream flinched at the coldness in George's voice.
"You've been ghosting me for a week, why?"

Dream heard George inhale.
What was going on in George's mind?
"Tell me, George. Why?"

It was silent for a moment.

"I should be asking you that!" George exploded in a sudden fit of fury.
"You always tease me and you think it's fun to mess with my feelings! You think it's fun to harass me and lead me on!" George's voice shook with rage and other emotions.

Dream sat there silently, listening painfully to George's screaming.

"Why do you enjoy making fun of my feelings?" George broke into a heavy sob. He had all these bottled up emotions that he just now released.

"George.." Dream began but George cut him off.

"I don't want some sorry excuse Dream!"

Dream exhaled. "George. Why would you say something like that?" Dream's voice sounded genuinely hurt.

"Stop acting innocent Dream. You mess with my feelings for fun." George sniffled.

"What do you want me to say right now, George?"

"Tell me why you think it's okay to lead me on and play with my feelings. Do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you George. I'm in love with you." Dream said in a soft voice.

George fell silent.

"That's how I really feel. I wasn't sure at first but I realized that I'm in love with you." Dream's heart raced as he spoke.

"You're a liar." George said quietly.

"I mean it George. I really do. I don't know how to make you believe it too." Dream sighed.

George hung up.