Chapter 6: Dreamers ; final part

It was the next night, Dream woke up in that same place. He sighed, was this all he was supposed to dream about now?
But why does it have to be this place..?
Is it supposed to be some psychological torture?
Dream heard a noise from one direction as he got out of the car.

"George?"

It surely was not George. Some nightmarish thing crawled out of the flower field and charged at him.
"THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE SAFE!" Dream yelled and ran.
He ran off into the flower field of nightmares, trying to escape what strange, fear enducing thing was chasing him.
The ground started to sink under him, making it harder to run.
He glanced behind him and saw a massive, blazing fire where the clearing was.
"Holy shit." Dream was terrified. He had no idea what was happening.

That's when Dream tripped. He fell to the ground and the nightmare kept charging.
Dream closed his eyes.
Something gripped his arm.

"Dream!" It was George's voice..

Dream opened his eyes to see George. "Where is it!" he jumped up and looked around defensively.

"Dream, it's gone." George said.

"What?" Dream noted how it really was gone. But why did it leave him alone? Was it because of George?

"I don't think the clearing is safe anymore." George added.

Dream looked over at George. It was the first time they were standing next to eachother. He was so short compared to Dream.
"What do we do now?"

"There is nothing else here besides the clearing and the field so I suppose we just stay here?" George said and stared up into Dream's eyes.

Dream examined every bit of George's face. The moon kissing his hair, dyeing it a sweet glowing brown. The reflection of the fire in his eyes from the burning clearing. The smooth silkiness of his pale skin. The softness of his lips..
He just wanted to reach out and..-

George wrapped his arms around Dream in a gentle hug.

Dream could feel the warmth of George's body.

George let go and grabbed one of Dream's hands and held it close to his chest. Dream's hands were so much bigger than his.
George stared up at Dream for a moment.
Reaching on the tip of his toes, George leaned up to kiss Dream.

Dream froze, completey flustered and taken by surprise.

That's when it all faded away.