Three Mountain Trolls

Ariana's POV

It's been nearly two weeks since our journey began. We passed through a village. Where we purchased a thoroughbred mare call Nani for me to ride. She is young, but strong.

Anyway, it's currently bucketing down with rain. We are all wearing our hooded cloaks. I'm very cold. I can tell Bilbo is to, we're not used to being outside in this sort of weather.

"Here, Mr. Gandalf? Can't you do something about this deluge?" Dori asks. Bilbo and I now know all the dwarves names.

"It is raining, master dwarf. And it will continue to rain until the rain is done! If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard" Gandalf tells him.

"Are there any?" Bilbo asks him.

"What?" Gandalf asks.

"Wizards" I clarify and Bilbo nods his head in agreement

"There are five us. The greatest of our order is Saruman, The White. Then there are the two blue wizards. Do you know, I've quite forgotten their names" Gandalf explains.

"And the fifth?" Bilbo asks him.

"Well, that would be Radagast, The Brown" Gandalf states.

"Is he a good wizard?" I ask him curious.

"I think he's a very great wizard, in his own way. He's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals to others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the East, and a good thing too, for always evil will look to find a foothold in this world" Gandalf explains. We then continue on.

(Time skip)

It's finally stopped raining and with the sun shining down on us as it sets. We are drying quickly. We reach an old ruined farm house. "We'll camp here for the night" Thorin states stopping his pony. We all stop our rides and dismount. "Fili, Kili look after the horses and ponies. Make sure you stay with them" he orders. They nod and stay with them as we go to the farmhouse to set up camp for the night.

Bilbo and I lay our bed rolls next to each other like usually. "How are you feeling?" he asks me.

"I'm feeling good, Dwalin and Gloin said they'd show me some moves when we stopped next" I tell him.

"Just be-careful, I don't want you to cut yourself" he tells me.

"I'll be fine" I assure him. I notice Gandalf talking to Thorin and point it out the Bilbo. We eavesdrop. Gandalf wants to go to Rivendell, to have Lord Elrond translate the map. But Thorin refused to go. Gandalf becomes frustrated and leaves on his horse for some alone time. I go train with Dwalin and Gloin. Before going to help Bombur with the food.

(Time skip)

"Bofur, please take these to Fili and Kili" I say handing him two bowls of stew. He nods and takes them heading over to Bilbo. They talk briefly before he hands the bowls to Bilbo. I walk over to him. "Is Bilbo ok?" I ask Bofur.

"Aye lass, just worried about the wizard. I thought giving him a task would take his mind off of it" he states.

"Good idea" I tell him.

"You are learning quickly" he tells me. "You'll be ready to try a sword soon" he states.

"We don't have a spare sword" I remind him.

"We'll find you one" he assures me as Bombur hands us each a bowl. We thank him and go to ate. When Fili and Kili run into camp.

"Trolls, three them. Took the ponies, Bilbo went to free them" they state.