Day with King Thranduil

Ariana's POV

I wake up in a room on a bed in a white night dress. I look around in confusion as I sit up. I gasp and hold my stomach. Remembering the spider attack. "The healer says you should take it easy" a guy says. I turn to see an elf in grey robes and a crown on his head. "King Thranduil, welcome to the Woodland Realm" he tells me.

"Ariana of the Shire, where is my company?" I ask him.

"If you mean the dwarves. They are in the dungeon until Thorin accepts my deal" he states.

"What deal?" I ask him confused.

"Many years ago before Smaug took over Erebor. I had paid Thror to make a necklace of the white gems of Lasgalen, for my now late wife Serena. When I went to collect them he refused to give them to me because of a sickness. I only want them back" he tells.

"That seems fair, you did pay for them" I tell him. "Though Thorin is stubborn, I'm sure he'll accept" I state. He gives me a small smile.

"The healer says you need to walk to help with any stiffness" he tells me.

"A walk sounds lovely" I tell him.

"Allow me to be your guide and give you a tour of my realm" he tells me.

"But you are king, aren't you busy?" I ask him.

"I just have to go talk to the captain of my guard. While I do that, please eat and change" he tells me before leaving. I notice a ball of fruit and some sort of bread. Along with a beautiful grey/gold dress with a circlet.

(Time skip)

"This place is really beautiful compared to the place with spiders" I tell Thranduil. As we watch an elk mother graze as her calf stands beside her. I notice a stag not far away watching over them.

 I notice a stag not far away watching over them

"That is my steed" Thranduil tells me.

"You ride an elk?" I ask him surprised.

"Yes, would you like a ride?" he asks me.

"A ride sounds lovely" I tell him and he whistles. The elk gallops over. Thranduil greets him with a warm smile patting his neck. "May I?" I ask him and he nods his head. I let the elk sniff my hand before giving him a pat. Suddenly I'm picked up by my waist and lifted onto hi and blush lightly. "Thank you" I say and Thranduil gets on in front of me.

"Wrap your arms around me" he tells me.

"O--ok-kk" I say stuttering slightly and wrap my arms around his waist. We set off through the woods. "So do you have any children?" I ask him curious.

"I have a son called Legolas, he and the guard found you. Brought you to the healing house where you woke up" he tells me.

"Remind me to thank him" I tell him.

"You can thank him tonight, you are to be my guest at tonight's feast of Starlight" he tells me.

"I'd be honoured to attend" I tell him with a smile. I then notice a white deer.

"I know that deer, I saw him earlier by the broken bridge" I say in awe

"Strange he is usually quiet shy" Thranduil tells me. "My wife raised him from a fawn before she passed" he states.

"I am sorry about your wife" I tell him.

"I just want the jewels, so that I'll have something to remind myself of her by" he states.

"Doesn't you son remind you of her?" I ask him curious. "If it were me, I'd want my partner to value our child more then jewels" I tell him. "I'm feeling tired, I think I should rest before the feast" I tell him. He nods silently looking in deep thought. He takes us back. I got back to the room I woke up in.

(Throne room) Third Persons POV

"How is the woman?" Legolas asks his father.

"Her name is Ariana, she is from the Shire" Thranduil tells him.

"Why was she traveling with the dwarves?" Legolas asks him.

"I don't know, I did not ask her" he tells him. Legolas looks at his father confused. The whole reason he had gone to see the woman, was to question her. "I invited her to the feast, she wishes to thank you for bringing her to the healing house" Thranduil explains.

"She need not thank me, I was only doing what was right" Legolas states. "I'm going to go check on the dwarves" he states.

"I must make sure everything is prepared for tonight" Thranduil says. They go their separate ways. Thranduil attending to the feast preparations. Legolas spies on Tauriel talking to Kili.

(Healing house) Ariana's POV

I'm shaken awake by brother. "Bilbo!" I cheer and give him a hug.

"Ariana, we have to free the others and get out of here" he tells me.

"But there's a feast tonight" I tell him.

"We're on a quest remember. To reclaim Erebor" he reminds me. "We have to reach the mountain before Durin's day" he states.

"Ok, I'll write Thranduil a letter. I'll find a new outfit. Then we'll go get the keys and free the others" I tell him. He nods his head. I go over to the desk grabbing a  quill and some parchment. I write a letter to Thranduil. Apologizing for leaving before the feast. Promising to visit once the quest is over. As well as promising to return the necklace to him. Bilbo and I then leave to go free the others.

A/N

Picture above of the dress Ariana wore and picture on the external link of Thranduil. Picture in chapter of elk mother with her calf.