Escaping Orc Pack

Ariana's POV

We are all free of the sacks and ropes. Gandalf is examining the stone trolls. While the dwarves took back their weapons. Bofur handed me my knife. "Where did you go to, if I may ask?" Thorin asks Gandalf.

"To look ahead" he states.

"What brought you back?" Thorin asks him.

"Looking behind. Nasty business. Still we all are in one piece" Gandalf tells him.

"No thanks to your burglar and his sister" Thorin snaps.

"We had the nous to play for time" I tell him.

"None of the rest of you thought of that" Gandalf adds. "They must have come down from the Ettenmoors" he states looking at the trolls.

"Since when the mountain trolls venture this far south?" Thorin asks him.

"Oh, not for an age. Not since a darker power ruled these lands" Gandalf tells him. "They could not have moved in daylight" he states.

"There must be a cave nearby" Thorin states. We all searched for it. And find it. We go inside to investigate. The smell is horrible. Bofur, Nori and Gloin bury a chest full of treasure. I go over to a punch of weapons with Thorin and Gandalf.

I see one in a black leather sheath with brown strap. I pick it up examining it. I unsheathe it and test the weight. "These swords were not made by any troll" Thorin states. I see him examining a sword and Gandalf doing the same.

"Nor were they made by any smith among men" Gandalf states. "These were forged in Gondolin, by the High Elves, of the First Age" he states. Thorin goes to put the sword he was examining down. "You could not wish for a finer blade" he tells him.

"What of this blade?" I ask him curious.

"Not from the First Age, but the Second. There are characteristics of both man and elf craftsmanship. Very few made and most were destroyed. This is very rare" he tells me.

"Then maybe I shouldn't take it, something so rare. Deserves someone who knows how to wield it" I tell him.

"You found it for a reason Ariana, it is yours" he tells me. "Go show Dwalin, I must go see your brother" he states. I nod my head and go find Dwalin.

"I found a sword" I tell him and show it to him.

"Should suit you nicely. It's a good weight and size for you" he states. "We'll start your training with it tomorrow" he adds and goes to talk to Thorin. I go over to Bilbo to see him examining a small elvish sword.

"You got a sword too" I say with a smile. "Dwalin is going to teach me to wield mine tomorrow. You can join us" I tell him.

"I'll think about it" he mumbles.

"Something's coming!" Thorin shouts.

"Stay together! Hurry, now! Arm yourselves!" Gandalf orders us. Suddenly a man dressed in brown appears on a sled pulled by huge rabbits. Screaming about thieves and murder. "Radagast. It's Radagast the Brown" he announces. He puts his new sword away and approaches Radagast. "What on earth are you doing here?" he asks him.

"I was looking for you, Gandalf. Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong" Radagast tells him. They walk away from us to talk in private.

Suddenly we hear howls. "Was that a wolf? Are there...are there wolves out there?" Bilbo asks.

"Wolves? No, that is not a wolf" Kili tells him. Suddenly something growls from behind us. We turn to see two warg scouts. They start attacking us, Kili and Thorin manage to kill them. Gandalf rejoins us with Radagast.

"Warg scouts! Which means an orc pack is not far behind" Thorin states.

"Orc pack?" I ask. I may not know a lot about orcs. But they sound terrible.

"Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" Gandalf asks Thorin.

"No one, I swear" Thorin tells him.

"What's going on?" I ask Gandalf concerned.

"We are being hunted" he states.

"We have to get out of here" Dwalin states.

"We can't! We have no ponies. They bolted" Ori states.

"I'll draw them of" Radagast tells us.

"These are Gundabad wargs. They will outrun you" Gandalf tells him.

"These are Rhosgobel rabbits. I'd like to see them try" Radagast tells him. He hops back onto the sled and takes off. While Gandalf leads us to a rocky valley. When Radagast passes us, Gandalf leads us in a different direction. Telling us to stay together. I keep a firm grip on Bilbo's hand not wanting to lose him.

We hide behind a boulder and Ori went to continue on. "Ori, no! Come back" Thorin tells him and he does so.

"All of you, come on" Gandalf tells us.

"Where are you leading us?" Thorin asks him.

"It doesn't matter, anywhere is better then being killed by a pack of orcs" I snap. We continue to follow Gandalf. We hide under a cliff and a warg jumps on top of it with it's orc rider on it's back. Kili prepares his bow and arrow. I shake my head at him, it'd give away our position.

Thorin indicates to Kili who uses his bow to take the orc and his warg down after which the dwarves kill him uses their swords. But not before it made a lot of news giving away our location to the pack. I curse under my breath and grab Bilbo. "Run!" I tell everyone and we take off running.

"This way! Quickly!" Gandalf shouts heading for a huge rock.

"There's more coming!" Kili shouts.

"Kili, shot them!" Thorin orders as we stop. Kili starts to shot the orcs. We form a circle drawing our weapons.

"Where's Gandalf!?" Fili demands and I notice he is gone.

"This way, you fools!" Gandalf calls from behind a huge rock.

"Come on, move! Quickly! All of you!" Thorin orders. I rush over to the rock with Bilbo and send him down first. Then slide down into the underground tunnel below. The others start to join us. "Kili run!" Thorin yells from above. He and Kili come down last.

A hunting horn and the noise of arrows being shot. An orc topples down into the underground tunnel. Thorin removes the arrow from the orc's back. "Eleves" he states.

"I cannot see where the pathway leads. Do we follow it or not?" Dwalin asks.

"We follow it, of course!" Bofur declares. We start to follow it. We soon come out the other end. To see a beautiful city before us.

"The Valley of Imladris. In the common tongue, it's known by another name" Gandalf states.

"Rivendell" Bilbo and I say in awe.

A/N

Picture above of Ariana's new sword and gif on the external link of the orc chase.