Escaping Mirkwood

Ariana's POV

I finished the letter and left it on the pillow of the bed I woke up on. I find a change of clothes and changed. I find my sword and decide to borrow a pair of long daggers. I meet Bilbo at the stairs that lead to the dungeons. "We're never gonna reach the mountain, are we?" we hear Nori asks the others.

"Not in there you're not" we state.

"Bilbo, Ariana" they say relieved. We set them free and Bilbo leads us to the wine cellar. Telling us to get into the barrels. I do so trusting my brother. Thorin tells the others to do as he says and they all get into a barrel each.

"What do we do now?" Bofur asks Bilbo.

"Hold your breath" he answers as he stands next to a lever.

"Hold my breath? What do you mean?" Bofur asks. As I take  deep breath and Bilbo pulls the lever. Which opens the floorboards dropping the barrels down into a river. The barrels float to the surface.

"Where's Bilbo?" I ask the others.

"Don't know lass" Dwalin says.

"Must be still be up there" Thorin says looking up at the floor boards.

"We're not leaving him" I state. The others nod their heads in agreement. Soon the floor boards up and Bilbo falls into the river next to us. He grabs onto my barrel.

"Well done, Master Baggins" Thorin tells him. We set off down the river. As we are about to leave the kingdom the elf guard appear and shut the gate. "No!" he shouts hitting it with his fist. Just then the orcs appear and the elves become distracted.

I eye the lever that will open the gate. I get out of my barrel and Kili does the same with his. We share a look and make a run towards the lever. Me in the lead. "Ariana, look out!" he shouts and pushes me out of the way of an arrow. Which gets him in the leg.

"Kili!" Fili and I shout.

"I'm fine" he tells me. "Pull the lever" he tells me. I do so and the gate opens. As the barrels pass under us we jump into our respective barrels. The arrow breaks in half and he groans in pain. I look at him in concern and guilt. It's my fault he's hurt, I should of been more aware of my surroundings. We were in the middle of a battle.

We're washed down stream trough rapids. With both orcs and elves following us. We soon reach calm river again. And a elf jumps across the river. Using the dwarves heads as stepping stones. While shooting orcs with a bow and arrow.

But we soon lose sight both the elves and orcs. "Kili, are you ok?" I ask him.

"I'm fine Ariana" he assures me.

"Has anyone seen Bilbo?" I ask them.

"I have him" Bofur says.

"I'm ok Ariana!" Bilbo calls.

"Is everyone a counted for? Sound off!" Thorin orders. We all do so.

"What now?" I ask Thorin.

"We let the current take us further down stream. Then swim to shore once we're sure we lost the elves and orcs" he states. We all nod our heads.

(Healing room) Third Persons POV

After news of the dwarves escape reached him. Thranduil went in search of Ariana. He goes to the healing room. Where he found the letter Ariana had left him on her pillow. He sat on the bed and opened it. He began to read it silently:

Dear King Thranduil,

I am sorry for leaving so suddenly and for helping my brother free our dwarf companions. But we made a promise to help them get their home back. We signed a contract also. I really enjoyed our day together, it means a lot to me that you'd give someone like me a personal tour of your beautiful kingdom.

I promise this is not goodbye. I will return one day and stay longer. I also promise to do all within my power to ensure your late wife's necklace is returned to you. Even if I have to take is as my share of the treasure. I don't care about not getting any treasure. I just want the dwarves to have their home back and for my brother to be safe.

I ask that you remember what I said about your what your wife would of wanted you to cherish more. A necklace or your son. Who I look forward to meeting properly when we meet again. I hope to see you soon King Thranduil.

Yours Sincerely, Ariana of the Shire

He pockets the letter and goes to the throne room. To wait for his son and Tauriel's return. Praying they had the dwarves and Ariana in their hands.

A/N

Picture above Ariana's new outfit and daggers. With her sword and necklace.