Fire and Eagles

Ariana's POV

"Don't scare me like that ever again Bilbo Baggins, I can't lose my brother" I tell him.

"I'm sorry Ariana, I gotta separated from you all" he says as we pull away from each other.

"Bilbo Baggins. I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life" Gandalf says.

"Ditto" I say smiling.

"How on earth did you get past the goblins?" Fili asks Bilbo.

"How indeed?" Dwalin asks.

"Why does that matter?" I ask them.

"She's right, he's back" Gandalf says.

"It matters. I want to know. Why did you come back?" Thorin asks Bilbo.

"Look, I know you doubt me. I know...I know you always have. And you're right, I often think of Bag End. I miss my books, and my arm chair, and my garden. See, that's where I belong. That's home. And that's why I came back, cause...you don't have one. A home. It was taken from you, but I will help you take it back if I can" Bilbo tells him.

Suddenly we hear wargs howling. "Out of the frying pan" Thorin says.

"And into the fire" Gandalf says.

"Run, run!" I yell and grab Bilbo's hand. Not wanting to lose him again. We take off running through the tries, wargs on our tail. I turn and behead one of the riders. While Bilbo stabs the warg. I notice we'd reached a cliff.

"Up into the trees. All of you! Come on, climb!" Gandalf shouts. I notice Bilbo having trouble with his sword. I help him remove it from the dead warg. "Ariana, Bilbo climb!" he shouts at us.

"You first" I tell Bilbo and give him a leg up. Once he was in the tree. I climb into it as well. Barely missing the jaws of another warg. The wargs circle underneath us. "We're trapped" I say as I try look for a way out. Just then a pale orc on a white warg appears.

"Azog" Thorin mutters. I gulp in fear as Azog says something in orcish. "It cannot be" Thorin says from another tree. Azog says something else in orcish pointing at Thorin and I. The wargs attack and start jumping up to try drag us from our perches. They manage to topple the tree Bilbo and I are in over. We jump to another as the trees start to fall like dominos.

The whole company end up in one tree. I smell smoke and look up to see Gandalf lighting a pine cone on fire with his magic. "Fili" he says and drops it down to him. Fili catches is and tosses it to the ground. It explodes and the forest floor catches fire. Gandalf makes more and we push the wargs back them.

The tree starts to wobble under our combined weight. starts to fall and hangs over the edge of the cliff with some of the dwarves hanging on to the branches. Including Dori, who is losing his grip. With one of the others hanging from his legs.

"Hang on, I'm coming!" I shout down to them. I start to move down toward them. Dori suddenly falls off but Gandalf manages to catch him using his staff. I reach them and pull them back into the tree. "Hang onto me" I tell them and climb up onto a strong branch next to Gandalf.

"Thanks Ariana, Gandalf" Dori says. I then notice Thorin attacking Azog. Who easily dodges his attack. Thorin is soon disarmed and laying on the ground.

"Where's Bilbo?" I ask. Suddenly Bilbo rushes in and attacks the orc pushing him away and uses his sword to stab and kill the orc, saving Thorin. I stand and run towards my brother. I hear some of the others follow me.

As orcs closed in I stepped in front of my brother swinging my sword. Beheading three of them. I glare at Azog. "You want him. Come and claim him yourself" I snarl. The dwarves that had followed me join in pushing the orcs back. "Don't leave my side again Bilbo" I say as we fight.

"Me? You left me to save Dori and Ori" he reminds me. "Besides I saved Thorin" he adds.

"If we survive this, remind me to lock you up somewhere safe" I tell him. We are soon cornered by Azog and his warg. I push Bilbo behind me. An eagle appears and rams into them. Another lands in front of Bilbo and I. "Get on" I tell him.

"What?" he asks.

"Get on the giant eagle" I tell him. I lift him up onto the eagle. Then jump onto it. Wrapping an arm around him as the eagle takes off. I notice one pick up Thorin ad the rest of the company on the back of others. I look back to see Azog and his pack returning to the forest. I sigh in relief.

We fly through the night and the eagles drop us off at another cliff. Where Gandalf heals Thorin. Who gave Bilbo a lecture admitting his was wrong before hugging him. I cheer with the others. "Is that Erebor?" I ask as I look at the eagles flying towards a solitary mountain on the horizon.

"The Lonely Mountain. The last of the Great Dwarf Kingdoms of Middle-earth" Gandalf says. As he and the others join me.

"Our home" Thorin says. A thrush flies by heading for the mountain.

"A raven! The birds are returning to the mountain" Oin says.

"That, my dear Oin, is a thrush" Gandalf corrects him.

"Well we'll take it as a sign, a good omen" Thorin says.

"You're right. I do believe the worst is behind us" Bilbo says looking up at me. I place a hand on his shoulder praying that he is right. But I don't think we're that lucky.

A/N

Picture above of Azog on his white warg and picture on the external link of the eagles.