The Way You Got Me

Ryan's Point of View *

I wasn't expecting Brendon to open up to me the way he did, but I liked it.

It was actually nice to have an actual conversation with him for once, instead of me telling him to leave me alone.

I look forward to talking to him again, and that's saying something.

I drove him home before my dad got back and I told him I would text him. I did.

Me: Hi.

I honestly didn't expect him to reply. I was nervous and for some reason I felt sick.

Brendon: Hey (:

A smiley face? Okay, cool. Maybe he was being truthful with me. I can't help but think this was all a game though.

Me: What's up? 

I have no idea what to say to him.

Brendon: Talking to my mom. Coming out. Brb. 

Coming out!? What!? 

Me: No, stop. She'll make you leave, just like you said. 

I began pacing my room, afraid for him for some reason. What if his parents actually kick him out? He'll have no where to go.

Knock, knock. 

"Ryan?" My dad interrupted my thoughts and I jumped, throwing my phone toward my bed. Thankfully it had a safe landing.

"Yeah?" I said opening my door.

"Just making sure you were home. How was school?" Ugh.

"The same. Nothing new. How was work?"

"Good, actually. Got a promotion and a raise." He smiled.

"That's awesome." I said returning the smile. He nodded. 

"I'll be downstairs. Goodnight son, love you." He said walking away.

"You too dad, love you too." I closed my door and hurried for my phone.

Nothing. No texts. No calls. Notta. Now I was starting to get worried. I stripped my clothes, leaving my boxers on and sprawled out on my bed, leaning over to turn off the light.

And then my phone finally went off. I was quick to read the new text message.

Brendon: Didn't go as I planned, but I'm not kicked out. They're just very upset. 

Thank God.

Me: Sorry. I'm sure they'll come around. Just give 'em time.

But what if they didn't? Brendon would be forced to live with people who don't understand him or love him. 

Brendon: Maybe. But I'm gonna go to bed. Mind picking me up tomorrow? 

I couldn't help but smile.

Me: Sure. Just be ready. Night. 

I put my phone on the charger and fell asleep within minutes of getting comfortable. 

-

When I woke up, I texted Brendon and asked for his exact address. I know he lives close to me, but I don't know exactly where. I hurried to shower and get ready and I left to pick up Brendon. He was already on the porch waiting when I pulled up and he ran to the passenger side, smiling.