Same 'Ol Dad

Ryan's Point of View* 

It's weird being here.

Back in this house.

It was weird seeing my truck in the driveway, still painted. It's not like my dad was gonna get it repainted for me.

"Hey dad." We stood in the doorway, and my dad was surprisingly hugging me. And I hugged back.

After we parted, he motioned for Brendon and I to come inside. He even helped with some of the bags that I dropped. I felt bad because Brendon was carrying quite a few, but he pulled them away from me when I tried grabbing one and he smiled.

I love that smile.

"So how long will you be here?" My dad asked sitting in his chair. Brendon and I set our things down by the stairs and sat together on the couch.

"Um, just until we find an apartment." I said. He nodded his head slowly, avoiding eye contact with me. "Shouldn't be more than a few days." I added.

"You can stay as long as you need." He smiled, to himself it seemed, looking down at the ground.

"Thanks dad." I couldn't shake the feeling I had. It was a nervous, scared, this-is-a-bad-idea feeling. I didn't like it one bit. "We're gonna go up to my room- my old room, and get some rest. I'll see you in a few." He didn't say anything.

Brendon and I struggled to get out bags up the stairs, but we made it.

When I opened the door, everything was how I left it.

My empty dresser was in the same spot. My old computer desk was in the same spot, but the chair was moved. And my bed was still unmade with the same sheets, pillows and comforter. The only thing that was missing from this room, was the rest of my belongings, which were now at Brendons parents house, and me. I miss my room, a lot.

"You alright babe?" Brendon asked breaking my thoughts.

"Mhm," I walked in further and dropped my stuff in the middle of the floor. "just thinking. It's weird being back here. I honestly never thought I'd step foot in this house again."

I laid on my back on the bed and the scent of that old cologne I used to wear filled my nose.

I must have worn a lot of it for it to still be that strong on the sheets.

Unless my dad got a little weird and sprayed my bed... Nah.

"It's just for a few days." Brendon laid next to me and grabbed my hand. "We should actually start looking now."

"Yeah, we should. Go get your laptop." 

"You go get it." 

"Noo, I'm being lazy. Please babe." He made a weird noise but he got up and grabbed it.

"Sit up and look with me, lazy ass." I smiled and sat up next to him. "Where exactly do you wanna look? Vegas or..?"

"Vegas, I guess. Just an apartment. Maybe later on we could find something somewhere else and buy it. A house or something." Brendon nodded and opened the browser.

After what seemed like for-fucking-ever, we finally found something a few miles away from here, so we called to set up an appointment to meet with the owner.

"Hope we get it. I like it a lot." I smiled at Brendon.

"I like you a lot." He's so cheesey.

"You're a weirdo." 

"You love me, so it's okay." He pushed me back on the bed and climbed on top of me, lips attacking my neck.

"I do love you." I said softly. His hands were going under my shirt, making me shiver at his cold touch.