Lies and Affectations

Ryan's Point of View*

"Ryan?" My name was being called. From Brendon.

I didn't move. I didn't reply. I stayed there with my head down. I didn't want him to see the black eye my dad gave me for not telling him where I was, skipping school and not coming home.

"Ryan, look at me!" He yelled in a whisper.

"Mr. Urie, please turn around and do your assignment." Mr. Colwell said.

I heard foot steps coming toward me, not knowing who it could possibly be, and then someone put their hand on my shoulder.

"Ryan?" It was Mr. Colwell. "You alright?" He asked quietly. I hadn't realized until now that I was sniffling. That's probably why he came up to me. 

I simply nodded my head, still keeping it down to hide my eye.

"I'll exempt you from the assignment for today. Feel better, kiddo." He patted my back and walked away.

He was always a cool guy. He cared about his students, even if he never really showed them any attention and made us read our text books alone.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. 

I knew it would be from Brendon, because no one else would be texting me. I really wasn't even sure why I had a phone in the first place. 

I grabbed it from my pocket, keeping my head down and reading the text from under my desk.

Brendon: Let's keep this a secret for now. Until I talk to Gee, Spence & Jon. Don't you think it'd be fun to sneak around (; 

Sure, it would be fun. But I didn't want to. Because if someone caught us together, not only would I be the center of attention, but so would Brendon and he'd never hear the end of it. It'd be a shame for him to have to go through the things I go through.

Me: Yeah, whatever. 

Not sure what I just did, but I don't care. I don't wanna talk to him right now.

Brendon: Can you look at me? I wanna see your face :* 

But I don't want him to see my face.

Me: No. I'm not feeling good. 

I wasn't completely lying. I didn't feel good. My eye hurt.

"Mr. Urie, I won't tell you again. Do your work." Mr. Colwell said, once again.

Me: See, you're already getting in trouble because of me. Stop texting me please and do your work. 

Brendon didn't reply, so I'm guessing he listened. For once.

As soon as class was over, I took off out of the room and went down the stairs right outside of the room and walked quickly to Ms. Printz room. I knew we wouldn't be doing anything in class today, again, so I sat with my head down all hour.

Brendon would send me texts, but I wouldn't reply to him. 

Third hour, I had no choice but to do my work. Or Mr. Kish would make me do more questions.

I tried my hardest to cover my eye with my hair, but it was hard to see the notes on the board, so I moved the strands that were in front of my eye and wrote as fast as I could.

There was a knock on the door, and Mr. Kish went out of the room.

And Brendon must have taken this opportunity to text me.