Sunny Fun Day

Marie's P.O.V.
I'm at the park playing. I missed the park. I'm so glad it's getting nice and warm out finally. My favorite is the swings.

"Higher, mom! Higher!" I say as mom is pushing me.

"Ok but not too much higher. We don't need you getting hurt." Stef said.

"Ok. Wheeee!" I say, grinning.

"Smile!" Lena said as she takes a picture of me and mom.

I'm not adopted yet but they said they are and I'm so excited! I hope I get adopted soon.

Lena's P.O.V.

I smile at Marie. It warms my heart seeing her so happy. Me and stef plan on adopting her. We're just waiting for the court date. We should get the call or email any day now. Waiting is torture.

"How about we get some ice cream?" I hear stef say.

"Yay!" I hear Marie as she jumps off the swing.

Naturally I gasp, worried she was going to get hurt.

"Marie, please be careful. You scared me and almost gave mama a heart attack." Stef says.

"Sorry." Marie says in an innocent voice. I can't resist when she does that.

"It's ok. We forgive you, baby." I say as I kiss her head.

"Let's go get ice cream and head home. It's getting dark." I say.

"Kids! Time to go!" Stef says as she rounds up everyone.

After we get in the car we head to Cold Stone Creamery get everyone's favorite then head home.