I dont belong here!

Marie's P.O.V

"I don't belong here!" I yell as my foster mom threw me to the floor. She did that cus I forgot to do the dishes. Me and other kids have jobs and if we forget we get punished. I have bruises all over. I cry out in pain as she pushes me to my room.

"Stay in here!" She yelled as she slammed the door.

I had enough. They keep the windows locked. I'll wait til they're asleep before I make my move.

It's currently 1am and everyone in the house is asleep. I grab my bag and sneak downstairs and quietly open the door and take off. I don't know where I'm going but it's better than here.

I quickly run thru the streets on a cold fall night. I didn't have my jacket but me running helped keep me warm. I run for what seemed like hours before I see a police station. I go in looking for help. I was then greeted by a middle aged man with black grayish hair. He seemed friendly.

"Are you ok?" The man asked me.

I try to talk but all that came out was heavy breathing. The man noticed and quickly gave me a water bottle and sat down with me.

"You drink and I'll introduce myself. I'm Officer Mike Foster. I'm here to help you, ok? I saw the bruises on arms. If you want I can have my partner look over you, to make sure you're ok." He said.

I nod yes with hope they can help me get back to the Adams Fosters family.

"Oh hey. I need your help please. A little girl has lots of bruises." He said.

I was a little tired and I was a little dizzy from getting thrown earlier and my head hurt so I put my head down then I heard a gasp. I immediately look up and see it was Stef. I look back at her as she looks at me. Nothing but exchanging of expression. Then everything went black. Last I saw was Stef.