Half way there

Callie's P.O.V

Today I'm currently 5 months pregnant. In a few days we find out the gender of the baby. Everyone is so excited even moms. Of course the girls want a girl and the guys want a boy. Me I don't care as long as the baby is healthy. I'm currently in the guest room painting a gender neutral color. I settled with a baby blue. Moms went to the store for groceries. Mariana was playing a game with Marie and the guys were out back playing basketball.

Marie's P.O.V

"I really hope the baby is a girl, Mariana."

"Me too." She said.

"So are stef and Lena really adopting me?" I asked.

"Yes. They're just busy with stuff now but you are getting adopted."

"Ok. Cool."

Lately I just have a bad feeling. Something was gonna happen I just can't figure out what exactly.

*2 hours later *

We all go downstairs and eat dinner then talk about what we're doing tomorrow.

"Callie your appointment is on Wednesday. I'll be going with you." Stef said.

I just look at my food, quiet, but I guess that drew attention to me cus Lena asked if I was ok. I lied and said yes.

After a few minutes there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." Jesus said as he answered the door.

"Moms. It's a social worker." He said as he came back in.

I see stef and Lena glance at each other then proceed to the living room to talk with the social worker.

"I'm sorry. I was notified that your foster license has expired. I'm here for Marie."

My heart sank with fear. I look at everyone and just went upstairs.

I knew this was gonna happen. I just knew it.

I quickly and quietly packed my stuff and went back downstairs to see everyone with tears in their eyes.

"She can't go!" Jude yelled.

"I'm sorry, Jude. Our hands are tied." Lena said.

"Don't worry, Marie. We'll get this sorted. You're half way there for the adoption. We're just waiting for the judge." Stef said with tears.

I nod and hug them and leave with the social worker. Who knows when I will come back.

Stef's P.O.V

We need to do something I thought to myself. I quickly get on the phone trying to get a hold of the judge but no luck. I slam my phone on the dresser angry.

"Hun it will be ok." Lena said as she hugged me.

"That's our daughter hun." I hug Lena.

"I know. We just gotta be patient." She said.

After a while we all went to bed. Least everyone else did. I didn't. I couldn't sleep. Where was Marie placed? And was she alright? Those are the thoughts that ran thru my head.