The First Morning

Marie's P.O.V. 

It was currently 6:05am. I was up before everyone else. I don't really sleep in. I go downstairs to get something to drink and see stef is awake.

"Good morning, love. Did you sleep well?" She asks me.

"Sorta. Kinda hard to sleep when you're in a new foster home. " I reply back.

"You're in a safe place. You hungry?"

"No thanks, Mrs. Adam's Foster. I'm okay."

I can't open up to them yet. I just know I'm gonna get moved again. I cant get comfortable here. I always get moved when I'm comfortable.

"Okay, love. You can call me stef."

"No thanks, Mrs. Adam's Foster. I dont know how long I'll be here. I shouldn't get comfortable here while it's just temporary. "

I get some water and go back to my room and shut the door. I wish this was my forever family but I always wish that and it never comes true.

Stef's P.O.V.
I'm downstairs preparing breakfast, trying to process what Marie just said. Poor thing has been in so many homes she's shut down her feelings and the ability to get attached to people for fear of being moved around again. I just want her to feel at home here for however long she'll be here. That sweet girl deserves a chance. I'm off work today, so I decided to take Marie out for the day and get to know her.

* 1 hour later *

"Good morning hun." I hear my beautiful wife say as I kiss her.

"Good morning hun. Hey i was thinking of taking Marie out for the day. Get to know her."

"Okay. That sounds like a great idea."
"She came down here around 6 getting some water.  She called me Mrs Adams Foster, hun. She's afraid to open up.  I think after spending time with her she'll start letting us in. She just needs someone to love her."

"Poor kid. Breaks my heart. I think the day out will help her some, hun. Well I gotta go. I'll see you later, hun."

"Love you."

"Love you, too."

I kiss her goodbye and serve breakfast to the kids.

"Come on, jude! You got to leave in 15!"

"Coming, mom"

"This is really good, mom. Can I have seconds?" Callie asks me.

"Sure, sweets. Here you go."

"Hey, where's Marie?" Brandon asks.

"She's in bed. She's not being enrolled today. Me and mama will enroll her tomorrow. "

"Oh okay." Jesus said.

I look at the time.

"Okay time to go, kids. I'll see you guys later."

"Bye, mom!" I hear the kids say as they leave. 

I go do the breakfast dishes and sit on the couch in my pajamas, which is a first, actually.  I'm usually working. We got some new people at work so I got some hours cut back temporarily.  I don't mind. I like the extra free time. As I'm sitting on the couch in my pajamas I try to think of activities for me and Marie to do.

"Hmmm. I know what about a manicure and pedicure and then shopping and go out to eat?" I ask myself.  I'm sure she'll love that. Gives her sometime to do girly things. She's only been here one day and she already means the world to me. I hope in the near future this is her forever home.

After a few hours, I go and get dressed and go check on Marie.

"Hey, want to go buy clothes?"

"Sure. Sounds fun."  Marie said.

"Awesome! I'll be downstairs."

I go back downstairs, smiling, excited to bond with her.

Marie's P.O.V

I know what you're thinking, I'm only going with stef to be nice but truthfully I was really excited.  I've never done anything like it. I quickly get dressed in my new clothes from Mariana and callie who are really nice. I've never met anyone like them before. They gave me their old clothes. I'm wearing Mariana's old skinny jeans and Callie's old under armor tank top. I put on my boots and run downstairs, smiling.

"Ready!"

"Awesome!" Stef said.

I get in the front seat and we arrive at the nail salon.

"Wow!"

"We're having a girls day. Go pick the color you want."

"Okay!"

I go and pick the color. Blue. Sky blue to be exact. I go and tell stef.

"I'm getting the same color. We'll match."

"Ok."

I go and sit down next to stef and we get manicures and pedicures. It was truly amazing. Can't wait to see what else we're doing.