the beginning

Stefs P.O.V.
It is currently Monday morning.  Everyone is getting ready for the first day of school.  I was in the kitchen making everyones lunches. My wife lena is currently at the school getting everything ready.

"let's go! You're gonna be late, jesus!"

"Ugh! I'm coming!" Jesus said.

"Everyone get in the car please."

"But I didnt finish doing my hair, mom!" Mariana said

"Should have gotten up earlier,  miss thang. Now in the car."

"Ugh!"

"Watch your tone, young lady."

Watches everyone get in the car and gets in "everyone buckle up"

"I'm buckled mom"  callie said.

"Me too!" Jude said.

So I drive to the school and drop the kids off and on my way to work I get a call about a 10 year old girl, being sent another foster home.  Obviously I accepted cus well we always have room for one more. 

As soon I get to work, I immediately call lena.

"Hun, I got a call from bill. a 10 year old girl is being sent to us. I accepted. ill move stuff around when I get home."

"okay, hun. thank you for letting me know. ill call bill and find out about the details of her and get her enrolled." lena said.

"okay, hun sounds good. text me when you find out. love you. ill see you when I get home."

"love you too." 

I hang up and go to my desk and fill out paperwork, a little anxious and excited to have another child amongst us.

Callie's P.O.V.

"Jude, don't forget to take notes."

"okay, callie. I won't forget."

I walk to my first class when I see wyatt. wyatt is my boyfriend. we've been together since I started Anchor Beach Community Charter 2 years ago. he loves me and I love him. 

"hi, callie. I've missed you. I got you something." wyatt said

he gives me a velvet box. I open it and reveal a necklace with a heart locket. my heart melt.

"omg, babe! I love it!"

I pull my hair up and he puts the necklace around my neck. I kiss him and we go to our first class. English with Timothy. Timothy is everyone's favorite teacher in the entire school. He's chill and caring.

were in class when I get a text from my mama, lena, telling me about a 10 year old girl being fostered by us. it's gonna be great. it'll be great to have another little sister. I'm so excited, I could barely focus and I just text mariana, jude, jesus and brandon about it. They are my brothers and sister. 

*4 hours later*

after what seemed like ages, it was time for lunch. I go to my mamas office with my brothers and sister to find out about the 10 year old girl.

"Her name is Marie. she's 10 years old and has been in 8 different foster homes. we're not sure how long she will be with us. me and mom are gonna need everyone's help getting everything ready. she will be moving in to the guestroom next to our room. from what I heard, she is very shy. so please be considerate of her feelings." my mama said.

"okay, mama. im so excited!" I heard mariana say

"yea, me too!" jude said.

"as long she doesn't touch my stuff, its fine." jesus said. 

"jesus adams foster! be nice!" 

"sorry, mama"

callie "I can paint the room pink, mama."

"okay, callie. that would be great."

"do you think you guys will adopt her in the future?" brandon said.

we all look at mama, waiting for an answer.

"ummmm.....we'll talk to you guys when we get to that. now everyone go to lunch."

we all go to lunch and go back to our classes after, so excited for Marie to come. we just wait for the school day to end.