Rough morning

Marie's P.O.V.

It was Saturday morning and I got woken up to the sound of Callie puking in the bathroom. I know she's pregnant but I just didn't think she'd be puking this much. I grab my pillow and put it over my face and groan as I was really tired and not feeling great. I had a headache and my throat hurt and I just felt really tired.

"Kids breakfast!" Stef bellowed.

I heard everyone else go downstairs but I just stayed in bed. I just lay there and read a book.

10 minutes later I hear a knock on my door and see stef come in.

"Hey love, its time for breakfast."
"No thanks. I'm not really hungry." I said.

She noticed a change in my tone and she cane and sat on my bed and put her hand on my forehead. Although I'm not sure how that indicates a fever but I guess it's a mom thing.

"You're a little warm. Are you feeling alright?" She asked in a sympathetic tone.

"Ummm not....." I get cut off by a coughing fit.

Stef sits me up and gives me a glass of water from my nightstand. I drink it and look at stef with tears in my eyes. I felt like crap. I've never been sick. I've been hurt but not sick.

"It's gonna be okay, love. You stay in bed. I'll bring you some breakfast and I'll get the Vick's vapor rub and some blueberry tea." She said as she hugged me.

"Okay." I said and laid back down.

I continue reading my book as stef left the room.

Stef's P.O.V.
I was currently making a plate for Marie. Poor thing isn't feeling well. Lena got her some oatmeal and and a side of toast and some orange juice and go up and bring to her. I see her reading a book. Wow. The Great Gatsby. Impressive. The older kids wouldn't read that book.

"Here's your breakfast, sweets" I said as I smiled at her.
"Thanks, stef. I'm hot." She said.

I took her temperature and read it.

"102.3." I said.
"Oh."
"You just rest the weekend and we'll see how you're feeling on Monday." I said as I gave her some Benadryl to bring her fever down and turned on the ceiling fan in her room. I watch her take the Benadryl.

"This Benadryl will make you sleepy and that's normal. Your body needs rest and sleep is good. So don't fight it." I said. The older kids would fight their sleep when they took Benadryl.
"Okay. Thank you, stef. Where's lena?" She asks.
"She went to the store for medicine and disinfectant wipes. She doesn't want anyone else getting sick in this house. Lena is a clean freak when it comes to someone getting sick." I said while laughing.
"And how's Callie?"
"Well she has morning sickness but other than that she's doing okay." I said.
"I feel bad for her."

I can't help but smile. Marie is sick and she still cares about others first. I love her. I hug her for a minute. I didn't care about getting sick.

"Well I'll be downstairs doing laundry. If you need anything just yell for me, okay?" I said as I got up.
"Okay. Thank you. And breakfast was good. I love maple and brown sugar oatmeal " she gleamed with happiness.
"You're welcome. It's my favorite too. I always have it around. I'll come check on you in a bit" I said.
"Okay. Ummm do you have any movies?"
"Yea. Lots. I think you'll enjoy them." I said and went and got Happy Feet, Inside Out, Tinkerbell, Frozen, and evening High School Musical. Yes I'm 38 and I love those movies. I like Disney movies. Sue me. Eventually I'm gonna get Disney+.

"Wow! Thank you stef! Can I watch Tinkerbell?" Her eyes glistened with pure excitement. I've never seen her excited before.
I put Tinkerbell in the DVD player and hit play.

"Here you go, sweets. Enjoy the movie." I said.

I turn to leave and look back and gives her a smile then proceeded downstairs to clean the kitchen.

Mariana's P.O.V.

I was in me and Callie's room working a little collage for Marie of our family. I heard she's a little sick to I wanted to make her something to cheer her up. I really hope she likes it. I finish putting on glitter and let it dry and go downstairs and get a soda.

"Hey mom. I made something for Marie. Can I go give it to her?" I ask.
"Yea. Just wear a mask. You know how your mama gets." She said.
"Hey! I heard that. Hun!" I heard my mama say as she walked in with bags from Walmart and I see Callie following her. I still can't believe Callie is pregnant.
"Hey I'm gonna go lay down." Callie said as she went upstairs.
"Okay, love." Both my moms said.
"Tonight we're having soup for dinner." Mama said.
"Okay. Can it be chicken noodle soup?" I ask hoping she says yes.
"Sure. Sounds good with me. What you think hun?" Mama said.
"Sounds like a plan." Mom said as she finished putting clean dishes away.

I go back upstairs and get the collage and out a mask on and go to Marie's room and knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear faintly, awww she must be losing her voice. I go in smiling but you can tell cus I'm wearing a mask to avoid getting sick.
"I made you something." I said as I hold it up.
"Wow! I love it!" She said between coughs.
"I'll put it up for you. Where do you want it?"
"Can you put it by my reading spot? The little chair window thing? I don't know what it's called." She said.
"No one does." I laugh.

I go and put it up for her and go and hug her.

"Want to take a selfie and I post it on my instagram?" I ask.
"Yes." She said.

I pull out my phone and take 6 selfies with her post them on instagram with the caption 'I love my little sister. She's sick today. Feel better soon. ❤️'

"Moms are making chicken noodle soup tonight." I said as I let her go.
"Yummy. Hope there's crackers." She said.
"I'm sure there will be."  Said as I walked to the door. After I left the room I heard her fall asleep and snore. The Benadryl must've kicked in. I go downstairs and enjoy my afternoon.