18th Chapter

" Good morning my beautiful Sultana." Şahin said as I opened my eyes in bed next to him for the first time in my life.

I looked at him and I could not still believe Crimean Hanzade was my legal husband from this day, and no one, not even Sultan Ahmed Khan could do anything about this.

" Good morning, Şahin." I said to him as I lied closer to him and continued to cuddle with him early in the morning.

We were in House Şahin found for us to live. It wasn't like a Palace I was used to, but while I was next to him I felt happy. This was better than Palace where everyone was controlling me.

Some of the maids made a breakfast for us we started to eat in our room which we shared together. Şahin looked at me for the whole time while we were eating.

" You haven't told me the secret of Dervis Paşa, I want to know it." I said to him as I stopped eating. I needed to know the secret.

" Many years ago we came to Istanbul while your brother was still a Sultan. He didn't want to give us ability for the Crimean Throne, but he kept us in Istanbul and we were very often in the Palace." Şahin said but he stopped to take a sip of water.

" I met Dervis there. He was still a janissary then. Your brother never liked him and didn't want to give him the power. Dervis knew that he won't have any goods while your brother is still at the throne." Şahin said and I couldn't believe what he is talking about. I had no words to respond to him.

" He was very close with Handan Sultana since then, they were both from Bosnia. I always thought there is some chemistry between them, and I still think that." Şahin said to me.

" You want to say Dervis is Handan's lover?" I asked him as I couldn't believe. How could that snake Handan have another man beside my late brother Sultan Mehmed Khan?

" I still think that, can't you see it's obvious she is leading Ahmed to promote him on high positions." Şahin said to me and everything made sense for me at that moment.

" My brother never loved Handan, he always prefered Halime over her. He basically abandoned Handan." I said as I remembered my childhood while my brother was a Sultan.

" And that's why Handan Sultana was afraid for the fate of her son. Dervis became close to Ahmed, which was a Şehzade those days." Şahin said to me.

" And that is why he poisoned your brother Sultan Mehmed Khan so Ahmed could get to the throne, and he is the one who influences Ahmed." Şahin said and I couldn't believe. That snake of Dervis poisoned my brother?

" What? How could he do something like that?" I said as I couldn't believe that snake of Dervis would do something like that

" What? How could he do something like that?" I said as I couldn't believe that snake of Dervis would do something like that. How he could do to my brother?

" Sultana, Hanzade... Janissaries are searching for Ismihan Sultana everywhere in city. Sultan Ahmed also is in the town and he is searching for her. You must hide immediatley." Mehmed Giray said as he came hurrily into our new house and he seemed pretty worried and afraid.

Şahin just stood up and took my hand and we went on the upside floor.

" Sultana, I need you to lock in this wardrobe. They can't find you here because they will take you from me." Şahin said as he showed me to wardrobe and he took my hand strongly.

" Şahin, you should hide also. You know they hate you." I said to him as I was worried. I couldn’t separate from him at the first day.

" Don't worry for me, I can take care of myself alone." Şahin said and kissed my forehead last time before he locked me in wardrobe.

" Where is Ismihan?" I could hear Ahmed's voice coming from the lower floor of our house as he opened the doors. He sounded really angrily.

" Haven't you locked her in Palace, Hunkarim?" I could hear Şahin asking him as he went down on the lower floor.

" Şahin, I know she is with you. Give her to me or I will kill you." I could hear Ahmed threatening Şahin.

" Why would you kill me if I haven't done anything?" Şahin said calmly to them.

" Şahin Giray, we know she is with you. Give her right now or I will take your life with this sword." I heard Dervis telling.

" Hunkarim, I don't know where she is." Şahin said, but this time he wasn't really calmly. I could hear nervouse in his tone this time.

" Show me her or you will die." Ahmed yelled on him angrily.

" Then kill me I won't give you her." Şahin said and I heard another footsteps which were probably janissaries who would kill Şahin now.

I couldn't risk him being killed so I came out of the wardrobe and from the upside floor I saw two janissaries holding Şahin while he was on his knees.

" Sultan Ahmed, if you dare to do anything to him I will take my own life at this moment." I yelled on him as I came downstairs. Ahmed looked at me shocked.

" Ismihan, how do you dare to sleep in another man's house? You know what kind of punishment you can get for this? You are a Sultana!" Ahmed yelled on me.

" Order Janissaries to let him go or I will take my life with this." I said as I putted knife I found on my throat.

Ahmed looked at me confusedly as he couldn't believe what I am doing, but he just signalised janissaries to let Şahin go.

" Explain to me how you dare to sleep in another man's house? You know this is forbidden?!" Ahmed said to me.

" Why would it be forbidden to me to sleep in my husband's house?" I said to him and raised my head, leaving the knife beside.

" What?!" Ahmed asked me shockedly like he couldn't believe what I have said.

" Şahin Giray is my legal husband. We are mareied. You heard me well." I said to him proudly once again.