4th Chapter

My Valide ordered aghas to prepare chambers for me. I was so happy when I entered Topkapi. The place I was bornt. Place where I've lived my most beautiful years.

They prepared me my old chambers, where I have been living until I married. They said to me that some Ahmed's concubine took it, but they gave her new ones. Because they wanted me to have my old chambers. And I was happy about that.

Bulbul-aga and Cennet Kalfa made sure everything is fine and everything is the way I like it, because they knew me well.

I sat on the couch of my chambers, and so many memories came back to me. I remembered the time while my father, late Sultan Murad Khan, was still alive. Thoughts took all over me, until someone came into my chambers.

- Ismihan, welcome. - Handan, Ahmed's mother said as she came into my chambers. After Ahmed became Sultan, she became Valide Sultana. Her only wish was to get rid of my mother, Valide Safiye Sultan.

- Handan, the thing that you are Valide Sultan now can't stop you from calling me by my title, Sultana. - I said to her and gave her fake smile. At that moment she bowed to me, because she haven't done it before.

- Excuse me, Sultana. I didn't know that would bother you so much. - she said to me while she looked at me at some weird way.

- Well now you know. - I said to her with a fake smile. She came closer to me and sat next to me on my couch.

- Ahmed's concubine Mahfiruze used those chambers, but they gave her the different ones. Bulbul-aga insisted that you need to have those chambers. Why? - Handan asked me with her head raised.

- So, Handan, you would like to say that I should get new chambers because of some slave? - I asked her trying to make fun of her words

- No, I didn't mean it like that. - Handan said, but she was lost in her words. She was lost usually. She wasn't suitable for position of Valide Sultana, because she was a person who didn't use her brain. She has always been too emotional and that is not suitable for a Valide Sultana.

 - I thought you would rather want to stay in Palace with your husband, Grand Vizier Yavuz Ali-paşa

- I thought you would rather want to stay in Palace with your husband, Grand Vizier Yavuz Ali-paşa. Why you decided to stay in Harem instead? - Handan asked me while she tried to act smart. But I saw she knows something is not right here, when she already knows about it.

- I wanted to see my mother, my sister and my brave nephew who became Sultan. I wanted to be closer to them. I didn't know you should be the one who I should tell everything to. - I said to her and fake smiled to her.

- I meant, its obvious that your relationship is very cold? - she asked me raising her head towards me.

- You should better watch at your job instead of mixing into my love life. - I said to her raising my head in front of her.

- Well, I don't know if you need any medical help. Its obvious you cant stay pregnant. Four years have passed.. - Handan tried to say with a smile, but I siganlised her with my hand to stop talking.

 - Handan tried to say with a smile, but I siganlised her with my hand to stop talking

- Everything is perfectly fine with my health condition. You shouldnt even think about that. You should better watch at your own buisness than thinking of my life. I won't tolerate those words like those anymore. - I said to her and looked away.

- I am sorry if I said something wrong. - Handan said, but I saw she is not sorry for her acts. I saw Bulbul-aga is in my room, so I used perfect time to do what I wanted.

- Bulbul-aga, please escort Handan from my chambers. I have no time for that. - I said to him and fake smiled to Handan. She looked at me with surprise about my words.

- You are becoming same like your mother, you poor child. What they have done with you. - Handan said to me while she was looking at me with some kind of disgust.

- I wouldnt have anything against being like my mother. I think you would also want to be like my mother, loved and respected by everyone. But unfornatley, you are never going to be that. - I gave her a fake smile while she was leaving my chambers.

I never liked Handan. She was woman without a charachter. I did never get along with her, even though she tried to be good with me.

I was much better with Halime, another wife of my brother. Halime was similiar to me, and thats why I supported her and still will give my everything to keep my nephew Mustafa alive.

At that moment, Fahriye came into my chambers. She seemed really happily today, like never before.

 - Ismihan, would you like to go with me outside now? - Fahriye asked me mysteriously which made me ask myself, where could she go with me now?

- Where do you want to go? - I asked her as I was really interested.

- I want to meet with someone, and I can't do it alone. Valide would be really angry if she would find out about it. - Fahriye said and looked at me sadly, because she know that if I would see her sad I would accept.

- Okay, so we go to see Mehmed Giray. - I said to her as I got up from couch.

- Ismihan, how do you know? - she asked me surprisedly. She couldn't believe how could I know for her secret relationship with Mehmed.

- I saw how you are looking at eachother today, and then I understood everything. - I said to her as I was putting my coat on arms, and I was ready to go out.