Chapter 6

Adam's POV

I cant believe Lexi said yes. I couldn't stop thinking about asking her out for over a week and now I finally did it. It felt like a dream. I called Guy and Charlie and told them I needed to talk to them. They came over and I explained what happened. Charlie just kinda rolled his eyes but Guy seemed happy he congratulated me and said that it was about time because Connie kept bugging him about it. I looked at Charlie and he looked mad so I said, "Charlie, You good?" He looked at me and said, "With varsity you barely have any time to spend with me and Guy and now that you and Lexi are together you won't have any time for us." I felt bad and then he continued. "What happened to bros before hoes?" I looked at him in shock. Guy has a girlfriend and he still has guy time. I think this was just more about varsity. Then I realised what he said and yelled, "SHE'S NOT A HOE. And if you don't support our relationship, leave. But just know if you walk out of that door you've lost me forever." He looked at me for a second and his face softened a bit and then he said, "She's a Riley and she always will be." I said, "Not always one day shes going to be a Banks." But hey the doors still right there and if you don't like her leave. Charlie just rolled his eyes and walked out while saying, "You just picked a girl you barely know over our 5 year friendship." Obviously it sucked that we just lost our friendship but he knew how much i like her and he should've been a bit more understanding. If he had someone as great as Lexi he would've done the same thing. Right?

I looked over at Guy and he gave me a sympathetic look. I smiled and said, "Thanks Guy for still being there for me. I really appreciate it. I'm glad we can be friends even though i'm on varsity." he just smiled and said, "No problem. Once a duck always a duck." Then we just hung out for a bit, talked about how amazing our girlfriends were and about how we should have a double date in the future. Even though Charlie was mad at me I was still happy. I had the girl of my dreams and nothing could take that away from me.

Today was the day, my first varsity game. I was beyond nervous and I was scanning the crowd trying to find Lexi. Scooter came up to me and asked, "Hey man, do you got a girl in the stands?" I looked at him and blushed. He was one of the only nice varsity players. "Yes actually but i can't seem to find her." I said still looking through the crowd. He grinned and said, "so who is this girl you're looking for? You know so I can help look." I turned to him and said, "If i tell you it stays between us. I don't want to get beat tonight." He looked at me and said, ",my lips are sealed." I smiled and said, "Lexi Riley." He looked at me in shock and said, "wow you're pretty lucky man she rejected the entire baseball, soccer, lacrosse and varsity hockey team." I looked at him in surprise and worry and said, "wait so that many guys are after her?" Scooter looked at me and said, "everything you see in her they do too. But it's not just them it's also the nerds and what not. Don't worry though your secret is safe with me and she's not my type. But hey i think i found your girl." I turned and saw Lexi sit down with Connie, Guy and Julie. I waved at them and they all waved back.

Just seeing her face relaxed me. Now i wasn't even half as stressed as i was before. I really wanted to impress her and score for her like she asked me to. But if i didnt i would feel so bad because i really want her to know how much i liked her and i didnt know how to show it so scoring would help. Shortly after that the game started i was on the third line so i started on the bench. As the boys were playing I kept looking over to Lexi. I couldn't help myself. She just looked so completely beautiful. Then I was snapped back into reality when Rick yelled, "banks youre on, prove yourself." Well that wasn't a bunch of added pressure at all now was it? I got onto the ice and skated after the puck. I quickly got the puck and passed it to Cole. He skated up and I caught up to him. He passed it to me and I immediately hit a bar down shot and scored the first goal of the game. YES. I got the goal for Lexi. Then I looked up where she was sitting but I didn't see her. Then I skated to the bench and saw her cheering for me behind it. My face instantly lit up and I winked at her and kept playing. I scored 1 other goal later on and Lexi couldn't stop cheering. Guy and Connie had to drag her into a seat. I thought it was really sweet how much she supported me.

The game was over and I was walking back to the dressing room. When i got there i saw Lexi she ran up to me and gave me a hug and then kissed me. I was so happy and she couldn't stop talking about how amazing I was. It made me feel so special and I knew that I've never had someone that proud of me in my entire life. Although I really wanted to show her off I knew if her brother found out he would kill me. So when we kissed i was glad to see i was the only one not in the locker room. Then I thanked Guy and Connie for coming and Connie gave me a pair of her old skates so that I could skate with Lexi after the game. I quickly took all of my gear off and shower. Completely covering myself in body wash so i could smell decent when i saw Lexi again. Once I got out of the shower I wrapped a towel around my waist and went to my locker to get my clothes. Once I got to my locker I covered myself in an axe and the cologne I always wear then I grabbed the extra hoodi in my bag, got dressed and walked out of the changeroom. I saw Lexi still there and she was shivering. I quickly walked over and gave her my extra hoodie, she smiled at me and put it on. It was a bit big on her but i thought it was adorable so i took a photo of her. Then I told her about how we were going to skate and she ruffled my still wet hair and said, "Oh your on Cake-eater." I smirked and said, "Whatever you say cake." She looked confused and then looked at me laughing and said, "Oh you dirty dog." We laughed a bit more and then she kept talking about how good me and the hoodie smelt. I told her to keep it to remind her of me. When i can't be right there beside her.

We skated around holding hands and she almost fell at the same spot as last time. She laughed and then said, "I think there's a chip in the ice." I laughed and said, "This is where we almost had our first-" Then she kissed me. I smiled at her and said, "My lips are cold, wanna warm them up?" She laughed and we kissed for like 2 minutes on the ice. It was like there was nothing else in the world. Then she pulled away to breath and so did I. "That was.....amazing" We said at the exact same time. Then I walked her back to her dorm holding hands the whole time. She stopped and looked at me. We were leaning in about to kiss when Julie ran out of the room. "Lexi thank god your back get in here! Bye Adam!" Julie yelled before dragging Lexi away before I could say bye. I just laughed and heard Julie and Connie squeal. I just sighed and yelled through the door. "Bye Lexi." She yelled back, "Bye Cake-eater. See you tomorrow." I smirked and said, "See you tomorrow Cake." Then I heard Julie and Connie laugh and squeal again. Ugh girls, I'll never understand them.