Chapter 10

Lexi's POV

After Julie came back to the dorm she told me about how the entire ducks team was mad/ ignoring Adam. I felt bad because they were supposed to all be best friends. But once Connie accidentally told the boys, nobody could convince them to be nice. She also told me about how Adam acted clueless about the video and how he kept asking why I wasn't at school. Quite frankly i didn't want to talk about him but i knew that Julie needed to talk about it to cool off some steam. I was not mad or sad, I was just numb. I thought he was the one person in my life who would always be there and that he was meant to fix my broken heart not make it worse but here we are. I woke up early because I promised Julie and Connie I would come to school. I got dressed and ready then left early so I could ask my math teacher to move desks. I figured she would say yes if I explained.

Once i got into math class about 15 minutes early i asked her if i could move and then explained the situation to her so she would agree. She said yes and then told me that i owed her one i agreed because i thought it was really nice of her to actually let me move over stupid boy drama. I sat in the back and she also moved Julie with me because she felt bad. I went and sat at my new desk and waited for Julie to arrive. Once she got to class the teacher told her to sit beside me and Julie smiled. Then Guy and Charlie came to class and sat in their desks waving at me and Julie. They both gave me a sympathetic smile. As I was sitting there Julie was talking about hockey and I was thinking about how me and Adam haven't officially broken up. Since he didnt break up with me yet like he said he was going to in that video i guess it's my job. I can get him out of the relationship to prevent the stress of having to do it himself. I got snapped out of my thoughts by Julie elbowing me in the arm. I looked up and saw Adam look at my old seat and he saw a random guy sitting there then Adam whispered something in the guy's ear making the guy point at me. Adam looked over to me and smiled while waving. Normally his smile would bring me joy but right now it's the opposite I just rolled my eyes and looked down. Adam looked really hurt but I didn't care at all. Karma's a B-I-T-C-H and if he's gonna talk bad about me so am i.

Math class continued and we had a test today. Adam finished his test really quickly and then just looked at me the entire time I did my test. It was really annoying me and made me kind of uncomfortable to the point where I broke my pencil. Then I asked the teacher if I could take the test in the hall. She agreed so now I was doing my test in the hall. Then the classroom door opened and Adam walked out. He said, "Hey, are you ok?" You just looked at him and said, "I'm trying to do a math test right now banks leave me alone." He looked at me and then looked down looking like he was going to cry but i don't care anymore what he said about me made me cry. Then he walked away to what I assume is the washroom. Then I hurried to finish my math test so I wouldn't have to talk to him when he comes back. I walked in and handed my test to the teacher then she thanked me and I went and sat in my seat beside julie. She was done with her test so I told her about Adam trying to talk to me. Then Adam came back and he looked like he was crying. I didn't understand why he was upset after what he said. I figured he'd be relieved. Then the bell rang and I said bye to Julie.

I put my math books in my locker and grabbed all of my stuff for english. Once I had everything for english i headed down the hall. While I was walking I bumped into someone. I looked up and it was....Luis. He smiled at me and asked what class I was headed to. I told him I was off to English. He cringed and said, "Oh..with adam. How's that going?" I looked at him and said, "I ignored him in math and I'm pretty sure he cried in the washroom after." Then i noticed the time and told luis i had to go so i could move desks. He told me to go on so I sprinted down the hall to my english class. Once i got there i asked the teacher if i could switch she agreed because Connie already told her what happened. Then I sat in my seat doodling and trying to get my mind off adam. I knew I had to break up with him. Maybe I will next time he tries to talk to me. Adam walked in and sighed seeing someone else sitting in what used to be my desk then he looked around the room and we made eye contact. I quickly looked down. I felt his eyes on me still through the entire class until my english teacher said, "Adam face the board and stop staring." Adam looked down and blushed. I just rolled my eyes.

The bell rang signalling it was time for lunch so I quickly rushed out of class to avoid adam. "LEXI, LEXI" I ignored him. "LEXI ELIZABETH RILEY SLOWDOWN RIGHT NOW. WE NEED TO TALK." Oh he didn't just middle name me." I spun around and Adam walked up to me. Everyone else was already in the cafeteria. "What's up with you first I get stood up on our make up date and now you're giving me the cold shoulder." I just ignored him. "You know that date was really important to me." I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes while tears formed in mine I said, "Why don't you just go with the cheerleader that you should've cheated on me with?" When i said that he looked like he got hit with a truck or that his whole family died. Either way he looked really sad, and guilty? Oh well. He said, "Lexi what are you talking about?" I looked at him and rolled my eyes, "You know what i'm talking about Banks. You just wish you didn't." He shook his head and said, "No I don't, tell me what you're talking about." I just looked at him and said, "Better yet i'll show you." he looked confused then i pulled out my phone and handed it to him after pressing play on the video. After it played for a bit tears were pouring out of my eyes. Adam looked at me completely overtaken by guilt, "Lexi ple-" I looked up at him and said, "Save it cake-eater. We're done." He started to cry as well. We probably looked ridiculous. He looked scared and heartbroken and that's exactly how I felt then he said, "Lexi please don't do this." I rolled my eyes and said, "I already did. But there is always the cheerleader." Then tried walking away. Adam grabbed me by the waist and turned me around. He looked into my eyes and said, "You forgot your phone." I grabbed my phone and he tried to kiss me. I quickly brought my other arm up and slapped him across the face. He looked shocked. So I yelled, "I said WE. ARE. DONE. Leave me alone cake-eater." Then I walked into the cafeteria while realization hit.

We're really done. I just did that. I stuck up for myself. yay. go me. I thought I would feel better than this.