Chapter 12

Lexi's POV

I couldn't believe what Adam did yesterday. Phillips was texting me and told me that he had a broken nose. I felt so bad and I blamed myself but I was still mad at Adam. He really isn't the guy that i thought he was. Now I have another reason why I don't date hockey players, I guess hockey isn't the only thing they play. I got to school and walked over to my locker. When I got there I saw Adam standing just down the hall which was weird because his locker is on the other side of school. Once I opened my locker an envelope fell out. I picked up the envelope and opened it. When I opened it I saw a poem.

"I love you so very much,

Even though at times I do things that hurt.

I try so hard to hope that you always see

How much you being in my life means to me."

-A. Banks

The poem was cute i'll admit but i wasnt gonna let him win me over with one stupid poem, what he did was wrong. So I did the only thing that came to mind. When I turned around I saw Adam with a hopeful look on his face. I secretly just took the envelope not the letter and ripped it in half. Adam just looked down. I wanted to make him mad but I still thought the poem was cute so I kept the poem without him knowing. That way he was still mad and I still had the poem.

I grabbed my stuff and walked into math class. While I was sitting in class waiting for the teacher Adam walked in looking down all sad, I felt a bit bad about how I reacted with the whole Poem situation. I was feeling bad until Phillips walked into the class with a bruised nose. I didn't even know he was in this class. Oops. As math went on nobody was listening. I no longer felt bad for Adam, but I did feel bad for Phillips. He has a broken nose and it's all my fault. If i never went on a date with Adam in the first place then Adam wouldn't have gotten jealous and then blow up on Phillips. I was honestly surprised Adam was not suspended but I guess when the dean is a complete nutbar people get away with things. Once math finished Adam looked back at me and I rolled my eyes walking over to Phillips. Then I said, "Hey Phillips, how are you?" He looked at me and said, "Pretty good." Then Adam walked over to us. "Hey man, sorry about your nose. I was being a jerk." Then Phillips put his arm out and said, "No problem dude. Friends?" Adam shook his hand and nodded. Then Phillips walked away leaving me standing there with Adam blocking my way to class. It amazed me how guys forgive each other so fast, my petty self needs time. I went to walk to english but Adam was still blocking the way. "Move." He looked down at me, due to the fact I'm 5'3 and he's 6'2 and said, "Come on, let me walk you to class." I looked at him and rolled my eyes. Then I walked away and into the girls bathroom so he would leave me alone. After the bell rang I walked out. Once I walked out someone grabbed my arm. I looked up and said, "Seriously Adam what don't you understand? Leave. Me. Alone. I'm sure the cheerleader is free for you to go bother." He looked at me and said, "Aw, do you care enough that i'm actually bothering you?" I just rolled my eyes and quickly walked to class saying, "Keep dreaming banks, you're dead to me."

English was painful. We had to do projects in assigned groups and my group was Adam, Josh and Kevin. Josh played on my brothers lacrosse team and Kevin I didn't know too well. Then the entire time Adam kept asking me what I thought and I just ignored him. Then Josh asked, "So Lexi, are you coming to the lacrosse game tonight?" I looked up at him and thought about it. I was going to go to Rick's hockey game but I didn't really want to see Adam. I decided I would go cheer on my other brother Tommy. I looked back at Josh who had a hopeful look on his face and said, "Screw it sure. I haven't been to one of Tommy's games in forever." Then Adam looked up at me all sad eyed. "Lexi, I thought you were coming to the hockey game. You said you would come to all of them." I looked at him in surprise. I did say that but that was before we broke up. He was acting like we were still together even though he's the reason we aren't. I just said, "Get used to disappointment Banks." He looked up and said, "Why can't you just call me Adam? Or Cake-eater even?" I said, "Well Banks, what do people that dont know you call you?" He looked up and said, "Banks? But you do know me Lexi." I said, "No I really don't I thought I did but i dont so therefore you are Banks not Adam or the other name."

Then the bell rang and I walked to my locker to grab my lunch money. While I was walking to the cafeteria I saw varsity. Rick came up to me. "Hey sis." "Hey Rick." I responded. He looked down at me and said, "Are you coming to my game to support all my teammates. I know a lot of them want to see the team's little sis." I looked up, kind of scared of how he was going to react and said, "no actually i was going to go to Josh and Tommy's game because Josh invited me and i haven't been to one of Tommy's games in forever." Rick looked a bit bummed out and said, "Ok. Alright well tell tommy i say good luck and no dating Josh. I know you ruled out hockey boys on your own but I'm ruling out lacrosse boys." I laughed and Adam looked at me a bit funny. Then Phillips came up and said, "You never said anything about baseball boys so does that mean i can go to the game with your sister?" Rick nodded and said, "You hurt her. YOU'RE DEAD." Phillips nodded and then looked at me with a look saying, 'do you want to go with me?' I nodded and then I heard Adam scoff just to make him mad. I grabbed Phillips hand and dragged him to the cafeteria with me.

After that me and Phillips went separate ways and I sat with the duck. They all ask where I've been and I explain what happened. Then Dean said, "Wait let me get this straight...You're going to a game that Josh invited you to, with Phillips and Adam knows?" I nodded my head and he said, "Damn Lexi be pullin'" I just laughed and we all continued to eat until the bell rang. Once the bell rang I walked to Drama class with Connie and Julie. When we got there our teacher gave us each a role for a short play. Lucky me...I was a cheerleader. yay... I got into the uniform and did actual Cheerleading moves. Ava, who was on the cheer team clapped and said, "You know we need another cheerleader because Becca got hurt. Would you like to join?" Cheerleading definitely wasn't my thing. I was about to say no until she said, "Come on, it's just for fun." I just said ah what the heck, and agreed. I found out I had to wear a cheerleader uniform to school and it almost made me quit. But I agreed, I needed new hobbies and friends anyways. People at school knew me because of my dad and siblings but they didnt know ME. I don't know if that makes sense but yea. After drama class I went to Gym class. Great another class with Banks, this should be interesting. Today we just got to do whatever. I was added to the cheerleading group chat and they sent me a routine to practice so that's what I did in my free time. As I was walking away from class Adam came up and stopped me, "What were you doing today? It almost made me think you were going to be a cheerleader." Then he laughed. I looked at him dead serious and said, "So what if i am." He looked completely shocked. It was actually quite funny.

I walked into the locker room and changed into my cheerleading uniform and texted my dad telling him I was on the team. He said he was proud of me and I knew he was because he always wanted me to be either a cheerleader or a dancer. They were more girly. I thought it was dumb as long as i was happy he shluld be too, but honestly cheerleading wasnt so bad it was good conditioning and the girls were nice. They all said i could still sit with the ducks at lunch and that i didn't have to hang around the hockey team because of what was happening with me and adan and i was very thankful. Anytime I saw him he wouldnt leave me alone. If i wasn't completely pissed at him i would have thought it was cute. Then I went back to my dorm and me, Julie and Connie just gossiped. I also told them about the note in my locker and let them read it. Connie laid back on my bed and said, "AWW he's trying!! This is cute, Guy never does stuff like that for me." I looked at her and said, "Did Guy break your trust and call you a whore?" She just awkwardly laughed and said, "Guess not. But come on, I know you. You wouldn't have kept it if you didn't think it was cute." I just slightly nodded and Julie and Connie squealed really loud. Once they calmed down I said, "Don't get your hopes up guys. I don't give second chances and the only way we'll ever be even friends again is if he regains my trust and that can take years." They both sighed and Julie said, "Oh come on! We all know you guys are meant to be together just kiss and make up!!" Connie and I laughed at her outburst and I said, "Sounds like someone has been watching too many hallmark movies. We all just laughed.

I'm so lucky to have them as friends...

A/N: I'm trying to write longer chapters so if i don't publish as much that's why. Also thanks for reading this story. It means a lot!!