Chapter 17

Adam's POV

Ok, so i might have fallen on purpose because i knew Josh was about to ask Lexi out. I didn't want to see her at the dance with some other guy. I felt a bit bad about taking advantage of Lexi's kindness but at least now I had a reason to spend more time with her. After she backed away from my attempt to kiss her, I told Luis and he told me I should play hard to get. Luis knows more about girls so I agreed and asked Elsie to the dance. She was obsessed with me so she said yes. She was the same cheerleader that told me to cheat on Lexi with her. They're on the same team tho so the only conversations we have is her flirting with me and me asking about Lexi. I never told Lexi but she probably won't know anyways. Lexi hates dances and most people at this school but she was too nice to say anything. As we walked to math Lexi was just asking me how my leg was and if i hurt anything else when i fell. I thought it was adorable how much she cared and I know for a fact that she would be an amazing doctor but she hates blood, needles and puke. So it probably wouldn't end up working. She could also probably be a teacher because she's smart and really good with kids. As we were walking to math she asked if i was going to that dance. I said, "I was thinking about it but probably not. Are you?" She smiled and said, "Yes actually I am. You should come if I'm coming. That means you have to come to the life of the party. I'll be there. You don't want to miss out." Oh god. I didn't think this through. I guess if she sees me with someone else that's kind of helping with the whole playing hard to get but i'm going to feel really bad.

We got to math and sat down. Lexi helped me sit in my chair and then Guy winked at me as if to say, 'I saw that.' He also knew about the kiss but he thinks she was just nervous and he doesn't know about me going to the dance with Elsie. Math class was boring. I just sat there thinking about Lexi. I feel guilty that I stopped Josh from asking her out even though I'm going with someone else. Math ended and Lexi walked me to my locker. When we got there I saw Elsie. Oh god, this isn't going to end well. She looked down at my leg and said, "Aww Addy. are you ok??" I just rolled my eyes and then she said, "You can still da-" My eyes widened. And i said, "Um elsie i'll talk to you later i gotta get to english on time." She just rolled her eyes and walked away. Phe that as close. Then I looked at Lexi. She said, "What was that about?" I just shrugged and said, "I don't know Elsie's crazy." Lexi nodded and then kept walking with me. We got into english and just talked the whole time. Then we headed to lunch. I saw Josh walking over. If he goes to the dance with lexi maybe she won't be upset with me going with someone else. Josh said, "Hey Lexi, can i ask you that question now?" She smiled and said, "yes of course." Josh then said, "Will you go to the dance with me?" Lexi looked at him and then said, "Josh, you're really sweet. But I'm going with Julie and Connie. They both rejected other people for it so it wouldn't be fair of me to cancel on them. I'm really sorry. Maybe next time though?" He smiled and said, "Yeah, I get that your friends are lucky to have you. I'll definitely take you up on that offer when the next dance comes up. Maybe save one dance for me?" She smiled and nodded, "I'll think about it." Then Josh walked off and I was relieved but now I knew I was going to feel guilty the whole dance.

I sat with the ducks this lunch and Lexi sat with them too. She was on the cheer team but she didn't like sitting with them. I thought it was cool, i didn't want lexi to be like them anyways. The whole lunch Luis just kept talking about how to make Lexi like me and want to date me again. I'm really regretting listening to his advice at this point, but it's too late now. Lunch ended and Lexi walked me to my art class which was across the school from her Drama class. She is the sweetest, most caring person i've ever met. How did I mess things up in the first place? Once I got to art she walked me into the class and over to the table. Don't get me wrong it was sweet but it wasn't her fault so she didn't have to be this extreme about taking care of me. Charlie and Guy looked over at us and then Lexi said, "Gotta run." And just like that she ran to art class. Guy and Charlie looked up at me laughing and I said, "I like the attention. Plus it's just the way she is." Then Guy said, "Banks, You're somewhat happy that you hurt your leg aren't you?" I looked up and chuckled and said, "Well if it means Lexi's around me at all times. Yes." Then we all laughed and Charlie said, "She wouldn't be like that for me or Guy." Then I said, "Draw a paper cut on yourself and watch." Class ended and Charlie had a fake paper cut drawn on. I knew how this would go. I knew Lexi's weaknesses. Everyone knows she's afraid of blood but she's selfless so if she sees Charlie hurt she will go into auto pilot and help him. The bell rang and we walked out. When we got there we saw Lexi. Charlie subtly showed his 'papercut' and Lexi said, "Oh my gosh. Charlie are you ok?" Guy and Charlie both laughed and Charlie said, "Yea, im fine i cant even feel it. Then Lexi pulled a bandaid out of her pocket and put it on Charlie. Then Charlie whispered to me, "Ok, you were right." Then Lexi walked me to gym class. I had to sit out for obvious reasons and Lexi decided she was going to participate because she didn't want her participation mark to drop.

I was just watching Lexi the whole class until I saw Phillips walk over to her. He asked her something and she shook her head. I'm going to ask her what that was about later. Gym ended pretty quickly because our teacher said we could leave. Lexi walked over to me and helped me up from the bleachers. I asked, "What did Phillips want?" She just shrugged and said, "He asked me to the dance." Then I said, "Are you going to save him a dance?" She said, "I don't really want to dance with him or Josh but the person i want to dance with I dont think is coming." My heart skipped a beat. Is she talking about me? Then I remembered that I'm going with Elsie.

Why do I have to be an idiot?

Lexi's POV

Ok maybe i wanted to dance with Adam. I hope he got the hint. I still like him, that's why I've been so clingy. I feel like I'm annoying him though. He also still hasn't gained my trust back so I'm trying to slowly give him opportunities to do so. What if he doesn't want to date me anymore? What if I drove him away?

Why do I have to be an idiot?