Chapter 16

Lexi's POV

I'm in the waiting room right now waiting for Adam's X Ray results and for them to let me into his room. A doctor comes out and says, "Visitors here for Adam Banks?" I stood up and said, "That would be me." She walked me over to a room and when I got there I saw Adam. He looked really upset and when he saw me he smiled. He looked at me and said, "I'm out for at least 6 weeks and I have to use crutches." I looked at him sympathetically and said, "I'm really sorry Adam, but I'll be there if you need anything." He smiled and thanked me then asked if he could hug me. I nodded my head and we hugged for a while, neither of us wanting to be the first to let go. I always had the sense to want to help people no matter who it was, so as much as I didn't want to spend all of my time with Adam knowing myself I wouldn't stop trying to help him. After about 10 minutes I pulled away from the hugb and asked, "When can you leave?" Then a doctor walked in holding crutches and said, "Right now." I smiled, grabbed the crutches from her and helped Adam up. He got up and started to use the crutches once we got outside. I called a taxi and we got a ride back to the dorms. Once we got there I gave him his Jersey back. He told me to keep it but I told him he needed it for away games then he said, "It doesn't look like I'll be playing for a while. I sighed and agreed because I felt bad. Then Adam started to lean in. My heart was beating so fast and at the last second I stepped back and said, "Well I should get going, I'll see you in math. Hope you feel better soon." He just looked down and said, "Yea... um thanks for coming to the hospital and riding in an ambulance. I know you hate them." I just nodded and said, "Of course. If you need anything i'm just a text or call away." He nodded and walked off sadly.

I walked into my dorm room and Julie fell down right at the door. "Great you saw that whole thing didn't you?" Julie laughed and said, "Yea it was even awkward for me. Why didn't you kiss him back? I thought you still liked him?" I looked at her and said, "I do, don't get me wrong, but I still can't trust him and I'm not just going to forgive him instantly because he's hurt. I agreed we could be friends and if he can't accept that we're just friends that's all the more reason we shouldn't date again." Julie nodded and said, "Are you going to the dance next weekend?" I just looked at her and said, "Julie, do you really think I want to go to a dance? I don't have anyone to go with. I don't have a nice dress to wear and dances aren't my thing." Julie just said, "Me and Connie wanted to go as friends with you. Pleaseee." "Fine." i agreed. Then Julie went to text Connie while I looked through my closet for a dress.

Connie came over and Julie told her the story from earlier with Adam. They were both telling me to just forgive the poor boy, but something in my head kept telling me to wait. I didn't know what it was or why but I just decided I should listen. Me, Julie and Connie hung out and played some board games until it got late and Connie had to go home. Then me and Julie watched movies and went to bed. I was woken up by someone beside me sitting on my bed. I looked up and saw Adam. "Adam what are you doing here?" He looked at me and said, "I came to tell you that I never loved you. I'm in love with Elsie, the cheerleader. I looked up at him and said, "Well good for you Adam. I'm glad you're happy. Then he looked at me and said, "She told me if i really loved her i would have to prove it. So...." Then Adam pulled out a knife. "Adam what the hell are you doing?" I tried shouting but it was silent. Nobody could hear me. This was it. The boy I wanted to spend the rest of my life with loves someone else and is about to kill me.

Then I felt someone shaking me. Then my eyes shot open. "Lexi! Lexi!" I was shaking really bad. I knew it was a dream but I couldn't stop myself. I started hyperventilating and Julie was saying something to me but I couldn't hear it. The only person I could think of helping me was Adam but he just tried to kill me in my dream. Then Julie ran out of the room. A minute later the door shot open and Rick ran in. Once he saw me he hugged me and said, "Lexi, it's ok. It's ok. It was just a dream. I'm here Julie's here. You're ok." I was still freaking out but slowly calming down when Rick said something to Julie. She ran out again. When she came back. I saw Tommy and scooter run in behind her. Then they walked right up and joined the hug. Tommy kept making jokes and eventually I was finally calmed down. Once I could properly form words I thanked all of them and Rick and Tommy thanked Julie. Then Scooter sauid to Julie, "Thanks for helping my best friend that was very sweet of you." Then he kissed her on the cheek. AHHHH. My two best friends. I didn't see that one coming but I ship. What a coincidence their both Goalies. Then they smiled at each other and walked off talking then it was just me and my brothers. Our family did not normally show much emotion towards each other so it was kind of awkward. "Sorry for bothering you guys." Then Rick looked down at me sadly and said, "I know we haven't always gotten along, but I'm really glad you're ok and I'm sorry that at home you're not as appreciated." Then Tommy added, "Yea you're a great sister i don't know what i would do without you. And hey, maybe your duck friends aren't that bad. I can tell they all truly care for you." I started crying happy tears and then hugged my brothers. They hesitated but then hugged back once they pulled away. I told them to go have fun with their friends and that i would be ok and they didn't agree at first but i eventually convinced them and they left. Scooter also left and then it was just me and julie.

I looked at Julie and said, "Thank you. You're the best friend a girl could ask for." She just smiled and then said, "What was the dream about?" I looked at her and said, "Adam came and told me he was always in love with that cheerleader and that he never loved me. Then he said he had to prove his love and he pulled a knife on me. Then I woke up." Julie said, "Jeez. I'm glad i didn't go and get him then." I laughed and then we just talked about the dance we were going to in a week. I found a dress and me and Julie both found some cute hairstyles we could do on eachother. I don't like this kind of stuff but if i'm going. I'm going to look good. I got tired and went to bed early.

I woke up to my alarm and got dressed. I walked to my locker and was getting my stuff out of my locker when Josh walked up to me. "Hey Lexi." I smiled and said, "Hey Josh, what's up?" He scratched the back of his neck and said, "Well i was wondering if you um maybe wanted to go t-" He was cut off by the sound of something falling. I looked over and saw Adam on the ground with his crutches and books. I ran over at him and said, "Oh my gosh are you ok?" He was glaring at Josh but then he snapped out of it and said, "Yeah, I'm ok but can you help me up?" I nodded and helped him up. Then I grabbed his books for him and started walking him to class. He smirked behind me at Josh and I thought it was strange then I turned and said, "Hey Josh, I'll talk to you at lunch. Ok?" Josh nodded and walked off disappointed. I hope what he was going to say wasn't important. Then I walked Adam to math class and told him I would walk him to english too. He smiled and thanked me. I'm glad it wasn't awkward after I backed away from the kiss.

A.N-Sorry I haven't been posting as much i'm trying to catch up on school work. I'll try to post more today.