Chapter 22

Lexi's POV

"Oh hey Adam. I was showing around our new student. His name is..." Adam cut me off and said, "I know his name." I just looked at him a bit confused at how much he tensed up when he saw him. Then I said, "Oh how do you guys know each other?" Adam looked at me and said, "We played each other in the goodwill games. His team cheated and injured me." Gunner just looked at me and said, "I didn't want to play that way, we didn't have a choice. I thought people would put it past them by now..." Then I looked at Adam and he said, "Do you want to come over tonight?" I smiled and nodded trying to break the tension. Then Adam walked away and that left me and Gunnar. I looked over to him and said, "I'm sure he'll warm up to you. They all will. I will make sure of it." He smiled and said in his nice accent, "Thank you Lexi." I just nodded and walked to my locker. Once I had all my stuff I walked over to my dorm room and changed into something more comfy for Adams house.

Once I was done getting ready I texted Adam asking him to pick me up because he just got his license. While we were driving he started playing Bruno Mars. I love Bruno Mars don't get me wrong but I still wanted to talk about what happened with Gunnar. When he realised that I wasn't really interacting he turned the music down and said, "Hey, What's wrong?" I just shrugged and said, "Why were you so rude to Gunnar?" He looked at me and said, "I wasn't rude. His teammates could have put my entire hockey career in danger." I looked at him and said, "You were being rude and from what I heard you could've put your hockey career in danger too." He sighed and nodded, then said, "I might have been a little bit jealous. But it doesn't matter, okay?" I just rolled my eyes at how childish he was being. I mean I guess I kind of get it because I acted like that after the whole dance thing but whatever. Gunnar was new and the fact that the second person he talked to as a jerk probably didn't make him too thrilled to have moved here.

Once we got to Adam's house he opened the car door for me and said, "After you." Then I walked out and said, "Why thank you kind sir." Right when we walked in his house I got pulled into a hug. It was his mom. She said, "I'm so glad to see you again. Adam has been so sad and barely leaves his room. What happened? I started to think you guys broke up." I looked at her and stood there kind of awkwardly. Then I looked at Adam, surprised that he didn't tell her. I just said, "Actually we did breakup. Um..But now we're friends again." Gosh I hated using that word. I looked at Adam and from the looks of it he hates that word as well but what else am i supposed to call us? Then his mom looked at both our facial expressions and said, "Well I'm sure whatever Adam did was hard for you to forgive and I thank you for that. As for you Mr. Banks, we will have a chat. Have fun you two, there's movies up in Adam's room and I can make snacks." I smiled and thanked her before following Adam upstairs.

Once we got upstairs I sat on Adam's two person bean bag chair. His room was massive. He was going through the movies and I stopped him on the karate kid. He asked why and I said, "Ralph Macchio is hot." Then Adam said, "I'm hotter though right." As he flexed his muscles. I laughed and said, "Whatever helps you sleep at night, Cakeeater." Then he grinned and said, "You know you love me cake." While winking. I just blushed and turned to the T.V. screen. The movie started playing and Adam sat beside me. He put his head on my shoulder and his arm over mine. I missed having these moments with Adam but he still needs to earn my trust. As the movie went on I just talked about how hot Ralph was earning a few pillows being thrown at my head from Adam's direction.

While the movie was ending Adam grabbed my chin and turned me towards him. I looked at him with pure confusion. He smiled before getting all shy and saying, "Do you think you will ever give us another try?" I looked at him in complete shock. "Why do you think I kissed you dimwit?" I stated while rolling my eyes. He just laughed and I said, "I definitely think we could try again in the future but right now I think that boys are the least of my problems.

A.N.-Sorry if this chapter makes no sense it's 1 a.m.