Kiss

"Where is she?"

"I'm not telling."

"Where is she?"

"I'm not telling?"

Chuuya gritted his teeth. "Where is she?" Chuuya asked angrily, gripping the collar of Dazai's shirt.

"I'm not telling." Dazai sang.

"She's not answering her phone and I don't know where she went. I'm getting worried. Where is she?" Chuuya asked again.

"You'd think that from the way I'm answering that she might be alright, but no, you're an idiot. You should know that if I'm not panicking, she fine."

"I don't care. Where is she?" Chuuya continued.

Dazai sighed in annoyance. "She went with Odasaku to see the kids. She's completely fine, there's no need to-Ah!"

Chuuya immediately dropped the boy and started taking off. Dazai sat back up in the floor rubbing his head. "I hate him." Dazai groaned.

~

Chuuya reached the building and walked inside, seeing Odasaku sitting on one of the chairs watching the older man cook. "You're here?" Odasaku asked.

"Dazai was being an ass and wouldn't tell me where she was." Chuuya said.

"Why didn't you try calling her?" Odasaku asked.

"She wasn't answering." Chuuya answered.

"She's probably distracted. She's upstairs hanging out with the kids. I'll get another pork cutlet bowl." Odasaku said.

"Thanks."

Chuuya walked out the building and up the stairs, reach the door to the room with all the kids. He opened the door and saw how calm the kids were being around her. Some were drawing and some were playing video games. But in the midst of all that, his focus was on the girl.

Her smile. He's never seen her smile like that. It completely blinded him from how gorgeous she looked. He loved it. He could see that she was happy. He liked it all.

Everyone turned their heads to the door and smiled. "It's Chuuya!"

"Chuuya's here!"

The pulled his arm and brought him further into the room. He sat in the floor next to a few of the kids as they played their games. "Want to draw?" They asked.

"No, play games with us." Another said.

"Calm down you guys. He just got here. He'll play with you in a sec." Misaki said. They all immediately calmed down and continued with what they were doing. "You're here?" She asked.

"You weren't answering your phone, so I got worried. I tried asking Dazai where you were, but he was being an ass." Chuuya said, scratching the back of his head.

"Next time just call Odasaku. And sorry, my focus is usually on the kids when I'm here. Unless I'm eating downstairs." Misaki explained.

"That's alright, I'm just glad you're safe." Chuuya smiled. Misaki smiled back at him. He then leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, causing her to blush.

"Awww." They heard. They looked at the kids and saw them admiring them. "Are you two dating?" They asked.

"Yeah." Chuuya bragged. He reached over and grabbed Misaki's hand, making her blush even more. "She's my girlfriend." He smiled proudly.

"Are you getting married?" Another kid asked.

The two turned away, their faces completely red. They didn't know how to answer such a question.

"You are getting married!" One exclaimed happily.

"Huh?" Misaki said nervously.

"No, no. That's not what it is." Chuuya said nervously.

"Don't worry, we won't tell anyone." They said.

They continued to play with each other. Chuuya and Misaki looked at each other, still blushing from the sudden question. But Misaki started to giggle, causing Chuuya's heart to beat a bit faster. He loved the music he was hearing.

~

After playing with the kids a little bit longer, the two walked back downstairs to eat. Just as they reached the door, Odasaku walked out. "Are you guys going to eat?" He asked.

"Yeah." They two said.

"Your foods waiting on the counter. I'm going to hang with the kids a bit." Odasaku said. They watched him walk up the stairs and disappear. The two then walked inside and sat at the counter.

"This smells amazing." Chuuya said. He grabbed his chopstick and dug in to the food. "And it tastes incredible." He said, his mouth full of food.

Though his focus was mainly on the food, Misaki couldn't help but smile. She finally realized he wasn't wearing his hat, but stared up at his hair. She reached up and brushed her fingers through them. She didn't even realize the boy blushing and staring at her.

She looked down at him and started blushing. "Sorry, I just-"

"It's ok, I like it." He smiled. Misaki smiled back, leaning in and kissing him on the cheek. He gave a small chuckle. "Those kids would go off if they saw you do that." He said.

"Yeah, that's how they are." Misaki said. "Speaking of the kids, Odasaku told me about the first day you can here. I found it pretty funny."

Chuuya blushed in embarrassment. "I was hoping he wouldn't tell you. Those kids were absolute monsters the last time a came." He laughed awkwardly.

"I would have loved to see that. But the kids seemed pretty calm around you today." Misaki said.

"Probably because you were around." Chuuya smiled. "You both really care a lot for those kids, huh?"

"Yeah, I try my best to make them happy. I don't want them going through what I went. I want them to make sure they know they're loved." Misaki explained.

"I'm sure they do." Chuuya said while brushing his hand on her cheek. She gave him a soft smile before looking back down at her lap.

It was still weird to her, feeling the things she was when around him. She didn't recognize what it was, but she liked it. And she never wanted to let it go.

Odasaku watched from outside, seeing her smile made him happy. Even if she didn't know what she was feeling, Odasaku knew, and he liked seeing her happy for once.

Seeing her for the first time versus seeing her with Chuuya satisfied him. He remembered that day clearly, like she wanted to end her life right there, but didn't have the guts to do it. Her remembered the many times she tried to end her own life, but didn't. She was too scared. Instead, Misaki hoped someone else would do the favor of killing her.

Odasaku was frightened by it. Though it had been years since all that happened, he never wants her to go through that again. He never wants to see her like that ever.

Clearly Chuuya was brought here to change things. He was the ray of hope Odasaku had been waiting for. And it all seemed to be working greatly.

Chuuya reached down and linked her hand with Misaki's, squeezing it tightly. "You're amazing, you know that right?" He complemented.

"And so are you." Misaki said with a small smile. Chuuya leaned in closer, quickly pecking her lips before pulling back and going back to eating his food.

Misaki didn't remember the last time they kissed on the lips. It had been a while, but she still liked it.

She liked him.

She was happy with him. And that's all she needed. To be with him.