The Sad Truth

The teen had been relaxing up at the rooftop, taking small flower petals and dropping them down, watching them slowly fly away with the breeze.

Down at the bottom, he could see a bunch of mafia members, along with the boss, starting to arrive back. He ignored it though.

He heard the door open behind him, entering one of the messengers. "The boss wishes to meet you in his office. There's something he'd like you to do." The man said.

"Did he happen to tell you what he needed from me?" Odasaku asked.

"No." The man answered. "But he would like to see you right away." He said one last time before leaving.

Odasaku sighed to himself. He didn't feel like doing anything today. All he wanted was to go see the kids. Letting one last flower petal fly away, he made his way to the office.

Opening the doors, what he expected was to see the boss sitting at his desk. The teen didn't expect to see a bunch of mafia members standing around. "Odasaku, it's good to see you. I'm guessing you got back from your job yesterday." The boss assumed.

"Yeah." Odasaku answered blankly. "What is it that you need?"

"Oh, I see. Wanting to get straight to the point. Well that's alright with me. After all, I would like this problem to be taken care of as fast as possible anyways." The boss said. "Bring her in." He demanded.

The doors behind him opened up. Turning around, Odasaku was shocked to see a child being carried in. The man put her on the floor, then left. Dried tears stained the girls cheeks. As well as a bit of blood on her forehead. "What's going on?" Odasaku asked.

"Well, it seems as if someone might have gotten the wrong person. They thought this girls father was the traitor. Seems as if they were wrong. So I disposed of him." The boss said. "As well as this girls parents."

The little girl didn't seem to care for the words coming out of the mans mouth. She simply just looked down at the floor, not looking up at anyone else.

"So why so she here?" Odasaku asked, his tone getting angrier and angrier.

"Well, I didn't want to kill her yet. So I was wondering if you'd like to recruit her?" The boss asked. "If not, I'm going to have to kill her."

Odasaku glared at the man. But the man only smirked in response. "I don't think she would mind. If anything, it looks to me like she wants to be dead." He smiled.

The girl finally lifted her head up, looking up at Odasaku. He was completely terrified from what he was seeing. The man wasn't wrong, she wanted to die. She was pleading to be killed. Those eyes said it all.

Hearing the gun click, Odasaku was brought back out of his thoughts. The boss walked around him over to the girl, then pointing the gun to her head. "So what's it going to be?" He asked.

Odasaku didn't want to see it. He wouldn't be able to handle watching a little girl dying right in front of him. And knowing it would be his fault, he didn't want to take that chance.

He let out a loud sigh, taking off his jacket and draping it over the girl. He leaned down and picked her up in his arms. "Sorry." He whispered in her ear. He could feel her body shaking.

She was scared, angry, traumatized. He could feel all that from how much she was shaking.

"Take her down to Mori. Let him give her a check up. But give her a bath before you go."