A Happy Night

It was New Year's Eve, and both Chuuya and Dazai still weren't back.

Odasaku walked up to the door and knocked, but no answer. He opened the door and spotted Misaki sleeping on the sofa in her office. He smiled at himself before walking over and shaking her awake. "Hey, time to wake up." He said.

Misaki slowly opened her eyes and sat up. "What time is it?" She mumbled, letting out a small yawn and stretching her arms.

"Two o'clock. Did you take a small nap?" He asked.

Misaki nodded her head. "I wanted to waste some time, since Chuuya isn't back yet." She answered.

"What, they should have been done by now."

Misaki shook her head, slowly standing back up. "Apparently, Dazai's holding them up. So it's taking a bit longer. So they might not get here till tonight." Misaki explained.

"Hopefully they'll be back before midnight."

~

"Stop trying to kill yourself every five god damn seconds!" Chuuya shouted.

"Never!" Dazai exclaimed, trying to jump off the bridge once again. But Chuuya caught him by the back of his jacket. "Dammit!"

"Can we get this shit over with! You're slowing us down! At this rate I won't make it for New Years!" Chuuya shouted. He pulled Dazai back up and pushed him to the floor, kicking his stomach in the process. "Little shit." He cursed.

"You're little." Dazai teased.

"Shut up!" Chuuya shouted again. "I'm sorry Misaki." He said to himself.

"Calm down, I'm sure we'll make it in time." Dazai tried to assure.

"It's five o'clock, we're not going to make it." Chuuya glared. "Now let's hurry the hell up. I hate this."

The two started walking a bit more, Chuuya following Dazai. But after a little while, Dazai suddenly stopped in his tracks, almost causing Chuuya to bump into him. "What's the matter?" Chuuya asked.

Dazai's eyes were focused on home standing right before him. Chuuya looked at him a bit more confused than before. But Dazai's answer soon answered everything. "This was where it happened. Where Misaki use to live." Dazai said sadly.

Chuuya's eyes widened in shock as he looked at the home. He couldn't believe that this was the home where everything went down hill.

"Does anyone live here?" Chuuya asked.

"No ones lived here ever since the incident. Cops weren't sure what caused the Port Mafia to target such an innocent family, so people were too scared to buy this house, thinking the same would have happened to them." Dazai explained.

"I don't blame them." Chuuya said, clenching his fist.

"The city plans to take it down soon, but I'm not sure when."

"When's the last time Misaki came here?" Chuuya asked.

Dazai sighed. "I wasn't there when it happened, but apparently the former boss brought her here after about a year, all because I loved to see her in pain. Odasaku told me it wasn't the best. She ended up fainting."

Chuuya clenched his fist in anger. "That dead bastard brought her back here just for the fun of it? If he were still alive I'd kill him myself." He threatened.

Dazai started walking closer towards the house. As confused as Chuuya was, he didn't question it. Instead he followed, assuming Dazai was going to enter the house.