thirty six!

-CINDERELLA.

the week dragged on slowly, clay was having a ball spending it back with his family, and bambi was happy for him

the week dragged on slowly, clay was having a ball spending it back with his family, and bambi was happy for him. of course she couldn't help but wish she was there with him-being shown off to his aunts and uncles, befriending his siblings and making a good impression on his parents-it all just sounded nice.

even if she was feeling down, there was no time for such feelings as the dylan family thanksgiving was quickly imposing. just that morning bambi and drake had made the trek to the dylan household, and they had been helping get ready ever since.

bambi had always looked forward to dinners with her chosen family. they accepted her like one of their own, but that subjected her to the same brutal, sometimes uncalled for criticism from his family.

"bambi! darling, you must tell us all about your love life" one of drakes aunties pestered.

"oh come on, aunty marie, what love life?" drake teased, trying to divert the conversation.

"well if she's not seeing anyone at the moment why not set her up with casey?" she excitedly suggested to the pair.

bambi and drake proceeded to look at each other and break out in laughter.

"caseys not her type, aunty" drake finally pushed out.

"then who is! there's got to be someone" she continued to pry.

"there is one guy, but i dunno, nothings offical and it's a bit unpredictable"

drake let a small smirk overcome his features, "he's very unpredictable, you never know what he's gonna do next"

"well you know who is predictable?"

"casey" they stated in unision.

"you called?" the blonde with shaggy curtains hopped over the couch, placing himself next to bambi.

"wouldn't you two make a lovely couple!" she gushed at the pair.

casey made a gagging noise, causing bambi to elbow him in the stomach. drake chuckled, before checking his watch.

"i'd never be caught dead with the likes of bambi" he teased.

"says you, gym rat" she shot back.

their aunt continued to encourage them, as the a loud knock brought silence through the house.

"drakey, could you go get that?" drakes mother called out.

"actually, bambi can, i-uh-need to shit" he abruptly pulled bambi up and pushed her forward.

"language!"

"yeah yeah!" drake left bambi standing at the door, completely dazed. she opened it, letting out a small hiccup in shock.

"hey" the one and only clay, stood leaning against the doorframe, trying to hold back his giddy smile and replace it with a smirk.