[one]

The forest was quiet besides the noises coming from a beautiful black mare's hooves as she trudged towards their destination. On it sat a woman with dark hair cascading down her back, tied with braids to keep it from fanning over her face. She was on her way south when someone sent word for her that she was needed for a job.

Her ears suddenly picked up loud splashing noises and she felt a pull around her neck, the medallion sending her a signal. Seeing a familiar chestnut colored horse, she got down from hers and looked back at the swamp when two figures jumped up. With a smirk, Kalira kept quiet and climbed a tree nearby to watch from above.

Hidden in the shadows, she watched as the kikimora bested the Witcher and waited to see if he needed any help. She decided she would give him a minute or two before she went to his aid. One of her hands grabbed her sword but as if on cue, the man jumped up and thrusted his sword through the monster's head. It let out a loud screech before falling dead.

"Today isn't your day, is it?" He asked looking at the wounded fawn before cutting its head off as mercy.

Kalira watched as he pulled the kikimora out of the swamp with a huff, panting slightly after fighting it. Deciding it was time, she slowly clapped and jumped down from the tree. Out of instinct, the man swung his sword at her and she did the same, their swords clashing with a loud clang.

"Is that how you say hi to an old friend?" Kalira asked with an amused smile, pulling down her hood as he let out a small groan and sheathed his sword. "Hi Kalira, it's lovely to see you. Oh why, thank you Geralt."

"What are you doing here, Kalira?" Geralt asked as he dragged the kikimora over to Roach, throwing it over the animal's saddle.

"Some mage sent word for a job." She replied with a shrug then her eyes caught sight of red flowers and she quickly opened a small pouch. "What? Beggartick blossoms are great for pain."

"Hmm." Geralt looked away from her and headed for the fawn.

"I'm guessing you're headed to Blaviken as well?" Kalira asked, pointing at the kikimora corpse with her dagger. Geralt looked up as he was skinning the animal and gave her a curt nod. "Great." She clapped his shoulder. "It will give us some time to catch up."

"I see you're still annoying." Geralt commented making her roll her eyes at him.

"Only for you." Kalira stood her ground as he straightened back up, only couple inches taller than her.

They both stared each other for a couple of seconds, amber eyes clashing until Geralt finally cracked a small smile, flashing his white teeth. He pulled her in for a hug and she patted his back with a chuckle. She was one of the few people he actually liked to see and vice versa. After all, they had gone through the painful trials together which formed a strong bond between them.

"Who's this beauty?" Geralt asked looking at the mare next to his horse.

"It's me, Kalira." Kalira joked but Geralt gave her a pointed look. "Olive. Sadly Sapphira passed too soon."

"You named your horse Olive?" Geralt asked with furrowed eyebrows as he moved around, getting the meat ready for cooking.

"Says the man with a horse called Roach." Kalira shot back, casting a sign at the firewood to ignite it. "Done."

Geralt thanked her with a nod and started roasting the meat. They were silent as they ate, both not having had a decent meal for a while. Finishing her portion, Kalira let out a satisfied moan as she leaned back, resting on her elbows. Geralt looked at her relaxed form for a second, her dress revealing the top of her perky breasts. He averted his eyes before he could be caught by her. Realizing she was waiting for him to finish so they could ride into the city together, he collected his stuff and walked towards Roach.

"I saw Eskel not so long ago." Kalira spoke as they neared the city.

Eskel was one of the three that had passed the Trials with them. They grew up together, enduring Kaer Morhen under Vesemir's mentorship. Out of the three, Eskel was the kind and relaxed one, not really fitting the stereotypical Witcher image. Kalira saw the corners of Geralt's lips tug in a smile for a second at the mention of their friend's name.

Both stopping before going into the city, they pulled on their hoods over their heads, keeping their heads low not to gather too much attention on them. She nodded towards the tavern and Geralt silently followed, guessing they could ask for directions in there.