[fifteen]

Kalira kept quiet, try to find out what the monster was before going in for an attack. Always preferring to climb up and check her surroundings, Kalira carefully scaled a tall tree. She saw a rickety shack built next to the lake and knew she was in fact dealing with a water hag.

She hated those nasty bitches as they would throw mud in their attacker's eyes to momentarily blind them. Knowing her Signs would be more of use to her, Kalira fished out a small green vial filled with Petri's Philter, a potion that increased the intensity of all Signs.

She felt the burn of the highly toxic potion run down her throat making her grimace for a second. Her body was used to taking doses of toxic potions due to being a Witcher but it didn't mean she'd enjoy their taste. Looking down at the lake, she saw a wrinkled, wart-covered body swimming right below the surface.

Kicking herself off the branch she was standing on, Kalira landed in the shallow water as she casted Yrden which immediately slowed down anything or anyone entering the area surrounding her. As her speed was the only advantage the hag had against Kalira, it let out a screech when she tried to attack the Witcher.

Grabbing the seaweed like hair on top of the hag's head, Kalira threw her out of the lake and sliced the head clean off with her silver sword. Hearing splashing coming behind her, Kalira swiftly turned around and saw three drowners slowed down by her Yrden.

It was good that these monsters were as smart as a slice of bread that they would walk right into her trap. Knowing she had to act quick before they could break free of her Sign and jump to attack, she blasted the drowners with Igni, setting them on fire. The Sign killed them before they could get in a scratch but Kalira swiped her sword across their bodies just to be on the safe side.

With a huff, she threw the dead drowners towards the decapitated hag, their smell attacking her nostrils. Looking around, she found rope at the makeshift cabin and tied all four bodies together before heading back to town. As she reached the town square, people were whispering and pointing at the dead monsters dragging behind her.

"Thank you, Butcher." The man that had hired her said making her drop the rope with a glare.

"I'll take what I'm owed." Kalira spoke, deadpan, hating being called a butcher. "And I suggest you burn the bodies."

Kalira caught the coin bag in midair and headed towards the stable. Olive happily hit her hooves on the ground upon seeing Kalira and the woman cracked a small smile at the black mare. Settling on Olive, Kalira rode out of the town, heading south without looking back.

She was supposed to meet someone from Skellige at Cintra's port and she knew it would pay good coin to last her a while. Knowing she had to properly prepare for the job or it would most likely cost her her life, Kalira made a list of what she had to buy at a herbalist.

Couple nights away from her destination, Kalira sat up camp near a clear looking body of water and unsaddled Olive so she could rest properly. Grabbing her crossbow, she headed deeper to see if she could spot a deer or at least a rabbit to cook. After doing some tracking, Kalira had a deer couple trees ahead of her. Just as she shot at it, something scared it away before the arrow could hit it.

"Fuck." Kalira cursed and saw a man riding through the bushes. The man looked at her beneath his hood when she angrily came charging. "You scared my meal away." Her eyes then saw the medallion sitting on his chest. "Cat."

"The she-wolf." The Witcher shot back with a smirk on his lips. Not being bothered, Kalira spun on her heels and turned away as the Witcher got off his horse, walking after her.

"Fuck off, Cat." Kalira spoke not looking at him. "I don't have time to deal with your sort." She said with venom laced in her tone. She never had a problem with their kin from other schools beside the Cats, they just irritated her no end as they abused their powers.

"Says the Butcher of Blaviken." The man shot back and Kalira spun around in the blink of an eye, holding her crossbow right in his face, arrow ready at aim.

"Please." Kalira gave him a tight lipped smile. "Do continue to antagonize me."

"You have my respect Witcher." The man raised his arms in surrender. "Your tales are..." His eyes drew in her appearance with a smirk on his lips. "Legendary."

"Not interested." Kalira rolled her eyes and turned around, realizing he wasn't a threat. "I suggest you leave before I butcher you as well." And just like that, Kalira peeked back to see the Witcher walking back to his horse. "Fucking Cats."