[three]

"Shh." Kalira patted Olive's muzzle when the horse let out a whinny as the young girl stepped towards them.

"You mentioned coin." Geralt grumbled, wanting the girl to get to the point.

"Yes. Isadora said you were looking for my father." She lifted the cloth that was covering the kikimora and inspected it. "She's a gossip, you see. Probably went two steps into the Lord's Inn before she was running off telling everyone two evil Witchers have arrived." She met Kalira's eyes then Geralt's. "You don't scare me."

"That's too bad." Geralt replied making Kalira bite back a smile at his expression.

"And I can also tell you that my father will have no use for this beast." The girl put the cloth down, covering the body up.

"Your father, the alderman?" Geralt asked and the girl nodded. "He posted a flyer."

"For a graveir. Kikimoras are useful." She replied and Kalira raised a questioning eyebrow at her. "Population control."

"Charming town." Kalira replied with a sarcastic smile.

"You should speak to Master Irion, our wizard." The girl continued, having Kalira's full attention at the mage's name. "He's willing to pay for odds and ends he needs for elixirs. I sold him our dog when it died. Mysteriously."

"Take me to him." Kalira spoke, dismissing the story about the girl's dog.

"I got 15 crowns for the yappy mutt." She replied going back to the subject as Kalira grabbed Olive's reins. "That's enough to buy some new clothes. Just saying."

"Do we really look that bad?" Kalira asked Geralt with a disgruntled look, making him shoot her a small smirk. "What's with people and our clothes today?"

"You look lovely." Geralt replied in a whisper. "Come on, Roach."

Kalira looked after him for a second, the hairs on her neck risen from how his breath had fanned over her skin. Shaking her head to rid herself of her thoughts, she led Olive out of the makeshift stable.

"Have you ever killed a succubus?" She heard the girl ask when she joined them. "A striga? Werewolf? She-wolf?"

"That's not a thing." Geralt replied with an exasperated sigh.

"So you've killed the rest? I think that makes you a hero." She stated with a smile, taking the two Witchers by surprise as they were usually referred to as monsters themselves, not heroes. "My mother says you're the offspring of foul sorcery, a diabolic creation, a filthy degenerate born of Hell."

"What a lovely mother." Kalira commented as she looked at the people eyeing them with disgust.

"Have you ever been to Hell? I've never even left Blaviken." She sighed, swinging her arms. "Because my mother's never left Blaviken, and if it's good enough for Libushe, then it's good enough for Marilka. That's my name. Marilka. Like milk." She introduced herself, making Kalira smile. "What's your name?"

"Geralt." Geralt replied not looking at her face.

"Like garrotter? Nice." Marilka smiled and faced Kalira. "And you?"

"Kalira."

"Where are you from, Geralt? Kalira?" Marilka continued with her questions and Kalira felt like she wouldn't stop.

"Rivia."

"Lyria."

"I don't know where they are..." Marilka frowned, scratching her chin in deep thought. "But I could learn, if you'd let me."

"No." Geralt and Kalira exclaimed at the same time making the girl scoff.

"Because I'm a girl and people say girls can't be Witchers." Marilka rolled her eyes in annoyance before looking at Kalira. "But here you are, a girl. A Witcher."

"Believe me, I wouldn't wish for anyone to go through what I have to become one." Kalira replied, recalling her times in the Trials, the master Witchers not deeming her fit to become a Witcher because she was a girl so they threw more obstacles in her way.

Geralt caught the momentary sorrow flashing on her face before she quickly masked it. He too could remember the day when the master Witchers didn't think it was enough of Kalira to pass the Trial of the Medallion. Instead, she was forced to go into the Trial of the Sword to prove her worthiness.

"I want more." Marilka spoke up, snapping both Witchers out of their thoughts. "I have to be more because I don't know what to do in Blaviken for the rest of my life, except go to the boring old market."

"And kill rats." Geralt joked to lighten Kalira's mood.

"And dogs."

"You are one strange little girl." Kalira patted Marilka's head with a smile. "I like it."

"Here we are." Marilka stopped in front of a tall tower, leading them towards the main door.

Kalira and Geralt both could feel the magic emanating from the tower, their medallions vibrating and tugging on their chain.

"Hold Roach." Geralt handed the reins to Marilka and Roach whinnied in protest, earning a warning from him. "Be nice."

"And Olive." Kalira did the same and turned back to look at the girl with a smirk. "Please don't kill my horse for coins."

"Hey, Roach." Marilka patted her head, chuckling at Kalira's statement. "Hey, Olive."