17

—————

TAMAKI WAS MEANT TO WALK BACK HOME, BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

The shy boy sat on a wooden bench, the park was a good walk away from the cafe. Mirio and Nejire figured that he would've walked home. He was but he didn't, seeing the warm sun slowly setting he decided to stare at how pretty it was.

It reminded him of [name], she was in his head all the time. Her warmth, her kindness, how understanding she is, she was like the sunset. Warm, easy going, relaxing to be around, and beautiful. Smiling softly at the scene right in front of him, he fiddled with his fingers. It was a little late so he didn't bother going back to the cafe.

He felt bad. It was unfair for [Name] to be waiting there. A lot of things were running in his head. He didn't feel enough for her, plus how could she even like a shy boy like him? Tamaki hated public settings, he hated the attention. It agitated his nervousness. So, how could she like someone like him.

Eyelids started to drop down, his head hung low as he stared at the grass. He wants to apologize to her but how and when? He started thinking on how to fix this when a voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Amajiki?"

His eyes snapped open and his head followed the trail of voice. Staring at [Name] lips slightly open. He was panicking inside but hid it so well.

"[Name], what are you doing here?" He mumbled and looked away from her, she sat down next to him on the bench staring at the sunset.

"I was suppose to meet someone. But things never go the way they're suppose to. What about you?" She answered with a smile.

"I...I took a walk, I needed to relax today."

The girl hummed and there was a comfortable silence. It was nice and inviting, it wasn't awkward or forced at all.

"Are you mad?" He blurts out and his face heats up, Tamaki didn't even look at her in the eye.

"Why would I be?"

"Well, you said you were suppose to meet someone, but they never came. Aren't you upset-?" Softly he spoke and clenched the wooden bench from under.

"Not at all. Yes it hurt a little but...the person may be conflicting themselves" [Name] sighed and laid her head on her hand.

"Oh...hey um [name].." Tamaki said in a whisper, but she still heard, she hummed back and her focus was now on Tamaki.

The sunlight set on her face, orange rays sitting on the iris of her eyes, bringing out her eye color. Her skin looked beautifully crafted, everything about her screamed perfection to Tamaki. He adored that.

Tell her. Tell her. Just do it.

He kept thinking, he made a soft "tch' sound and broke eye contact with her. He sighed and looked up at the sky, it was now a pink purple color, both blended.

"I- please don't get mad."

"I would never, take your time." The girl gave him a reassuring smile

"[Name], I'm the one who's been writing those letters this whole time, and everything I write there...I meant it." Quickly, Tamaki blurt out and his face was flushed red.

[Name] stared at him trying to process what he just said. She felt dumb because he's literally been right under her nose. And it was a bit obvious now that he was the writer, it all sort of makes sense. But also it could've been anyone as well. The situation was funny because this whole time it was him.

"[Name?]" Tamaki's voice shook as he stared at her face, she only let out light feathered laughs.

"I..I don't understand...am I joke?" He mumbled quietly and she stopped laughing quietly, looking at his figure she softy put her hand on his.

"You're not a joke Amajiki, I am happy that you're the anonymous writer. Relieved actually that the boy I like has the same feelings towards me." [Name] confessed and now it was her turn to look away.

Tamaki's eyes went wide and he squeezed her hand tighter. His face was still red and without thinking he leaned in and kissed her cheek. Tamaki stared back at the scenery as if nothing happened.

"You're so cute. Thank you for the letters, they made me feel less alone. I saved every single one of them." She starts with a grin and pulled a small box from her bag, opening the lid of the box. The letters popped out, she saved every single one.

Tamaki's heart pounded and looked at her in awe. Adoring every act from her, every inch, he loved [Name]. He was also glad that he made her feel less alone.

"Thanks to you, I haven't fallen apart."

"You're welcome [Name]"

"I will gladly be yours, only if you want, of course." The girl said quietly and now she was the one being nervous,

The boy sent her a smile. And linked his hand with hers completely, leaning in and pecking her lips as the sun went down, the reflection on his eyes. Lovingly he stared at her and mumbled,

"I accept [Name]"

[ END ]

——————

authors note ;

i hope i did the ending justice. ngl i love [name] and tamaki interactions <3

thank you to everyone who supported this fic, it means a lot :)
i hope you all liked it towards the end !!