3

A/N: the comments are fueling me guys 😭 ty for all the love <3

___________________________________________

Back in the day all Louis ever did was play piano.

He would be up by six am composing new songs, and practicing old beloved ones.

Honestly he was lucky Liam and Niall didn't move out- though, they already knew it was coming the moment they moved out of their cramped uni dorm to the flat they were in now.

Louis would talk with other musicians, stay up all night to find the right notes, and put every single song he could on sound cloud and youtube.

He would book himself gigs at classy dinner and show places, and even occasionally try taking to the streets to play, with a keyboard under his arm.

Liam and Niall watched that version of Louis slip away though.

Louis figured he grew up. Realized it was the real world, and you're constantly having to change and adjust your dreams.

And so soon enough, he changed it.

His dreams went from "famous pianist" to "getting a new bedspread".

And, Louis didn't see it as so horrible. He had a job he liked, a boss who became his friend, and a great apartment, all things considered.

And getting a new bedspread made Louis happy.

And that was good enough.

Now it was the day of the party.

The day of the party.

And Louis thought he was going to be normal, he really did.

And he was, for a while.

He went to work, doing fine with all his shifts, acting as if it were a normal day, even though Niall kept bouncing off the walls.

If there was one thing Louis knew about Niall it was that he loved a proper party done right.

And so Louis stuck to his word. He was going to that damn party.

But as he got home, and the three boys got ready, guessing at the dress code by the font of the invitation, he suddenly wasn't feeling so great about the whole idea.

And it hit him. It has been a long time since he ever went to a party with Harry- or at least gone to a party with Harry there.

And no. Harry was going to see Louis' outfit, how Louis looked when he wasn't working, and Harry was famous now. And he was going to be surrounded by his model friends.

And shit.

"Liam! Tell me why this is a good idea?!" Louis shouted from the living room to wherever Liam was.

"Free bar, Louis! Free bar!"

Niall had responded, but never mind that.

At least there was a free bar if things went south.

Fucking bless the soul of whoever discovered alcohol, Louis hoped they knew how many bad tinder dates they made bearable.

Louis protested the whole way to the party, suggesting just about every alternative to going to the party there was.

"C'mon lads, let's have a night in- a movie night, we haven't treated ourselves to one of them in a while eh?!"

"Let's go to McDonald's instead!"

"Hey Niall, how about some late night golf??"

"Don't tempt me Tomlinson. Doesn't matter though, we're here."