5

A/N: comment! loving the feedback <3
___________________________________________

The second invitations shouldn't have come as a surprise, but they did.

Louis was sure Harry had to be behind the invitations- who else would it be?

He was going to be at this party for sure. It was another party similar to the last, held in a mansion as an after party event. Yes, now Louis was sure Harry was behind this ordeal- he must really have gotten caught up in other things the night of the first party.

Louis knew at this party he would have to confront Harry. The questions from Niall and Liam were becoming harder and harder to answer in ways that made sense, after all, one invitation mess up was one thing, but getting invited again, to another party? That raised questions.

"And I think that Harry fell madly in love with Louis and is cascading him around London to all these fancy balls just so he can get a glimpse at the mystery waiter's face." Niall was explaining to the whole kitchen staff what had happened with the first party, and now the second.

Louis had made him swear he wouldn't mention Harry sleeping at their house, because, no matter how much Niall liked to gossip, it wasn't worth defiling Harry's reputation- and maybe it did help him scorch out the rumors.

"Alright, alright, that's a cute fairy tale Niall, but I don't think that's what's going on." Louis rolled his eyes.

He had come up with "Harry probably left the invitations as a thank you," and left it at that, offering no indulgence to Niall and Liam's gossip.

Speaking of gossip, the whole kitchen had burst out into conversation, leeching on to Niall's words, just as Louis had suspected them to.

Everyone had their own takes on the matter, making sure to voice them loudly.

"Hey, where's the chef?! Why isn't she getting her staff in line?!" Louis called, searching the group of people until he set his eyes on her.

"I, for one, think that something happened the night of the gala we served at." Hannah took the opportunity to speak her mind once all eyes were on her, making the rest of the staff grin at her subsequent approval of the gossip.

Louis groaned, "Do you really think I would lie to you all? Trust me, if a famous celebrity gets involved with me, you guys will be the first to know."

That was a blatant lie, in fact, even if the situation was different and Louis felt able to tell people about what was happening, he'd go to his family first, probably to Lottie.

"I think you would lie if Harry Styles came on to you, then later felt the need to apologize, then sent you out to a spiral of celebrity parties." Hannah admitted.

And, sure, if that happened, she would be right. But that did not happen, and that was the truth. Kinda.

"Whatever. You all can keep gossiping about something that isn't even there, but I'm going to do my job, and you know, serve people the food that they pay for?" Louis raised his eyebrows at the whole staff, as if to cue them to do the same.

The stories continued to dribble in throughout the week, and while Louis listened to every proposal they came up with, not a single one came close to the truth.

No one even considered that Harry and Louis might have already known each other previously, which was probably thanks to Niall's witness of both of them acting as if they hadn't.

This time though, as the party drew near, Louis didn't feel even a hint of nervous butterflies.

He had gained confidence from already having gone to one of these events before, and this time he was certain Harry would be there.