14

A/N: you aren't gonna believe it but this is the last round of updates aw 😭ily all
___________________________________________

Lottie's words stuck uncomfortably in Louis' mind all through the holidays up until new year's eve.

Unfortunately, he was dealing with more than one messy relationship.

"Louis. Come on. You aren't seriously going to this party?" Liam said, standing in Louis' bedroom doorway next to Niall, arms crossed.

Yes, Louis had bailed on Hannah's new years eve party for the masquerade they were invited to, but he had to.

If Harry was going to be at any party, it was going to be this one.

It wasn't entirely logical, but it was something Louis just had to do.

"You guys couldn't understand- I- I have to go to this thing." Louis said, fixing his shirt in the mirror.

"Louis... The party at Hannah's is tradition." Niall said reluctantly.

Louis huffed, "Right. It's been like, what, three years since the party tradition started? I wouldn't say it's so deep."

"Louis." Liam said with his jaw clenched, "We both know it's not just about tradition. You're blowing your two best friends off to go get drunk with some famous people you've barely met once! Do we really mean that little to you?!"

Louis swiveled around to glare at Niall and Liam, "I'm going to the damn party okay? I care about you both, but there's just things-"

"We don't understand? Right, all the invisible things like that invisible ex without a name, and your invisible piano career??" Liam snapped.

Louis didn't let Liam's words get to him. He had to go to this party, and he had to talk to Harry, and after tonight, everything was going to be sorted out for better or for worse.

"I'm not abandoning you, I'm going to a party okay?" Louis said, leveling his voice.

"You aren't listening, Louis. You're being a shitty friend, you know this night is important for us." Liam said.

Louis was walking to the door to get his shoes on.

"We live together Liam, we can spend a night apart." Louis said gruffly, tying his shoe.

"Yeah. Any other night, of course. But you said you were coming and now you're flaking. And you aren't listening! You hurt our feelings Lou!" Liam said loudly.

Louis looked up, then back and forth between Liam and Niall, then finally settling on Niall, "Our? Ni?"

Niall shrugged, "I mean, yeah, it's pretty shitty man..."

Louis huffed, jaggedly shoving on his coat, "Well I'm going to this party. It isn't a big deal."

He could see Liam roll his eyes, "To you, you selfish, egotistic-"

Louis slammed the door before he could hear Liam finish his sentence.

He had never fought with Niall or Liam like he just did, and they had been roommates since what felt like forever, even if it was just half way through sophomore year of uni.

It was then when Louis began to have the slightest feeling that this whole situation might have been taking a toll on him mentally.

Nevermind that, it didn't matter at that moment. He was committed to his plan, and he was going to that new years eve party, and a small guilty part of him wished to be with Harry at new years more than Liam or Niall.