16

4:00 p.m., January 3rd, Zayn's penthouse.

It had been nearly two days from when everything had fallen apart and then promptly fell back together like magnets.

Niall and Liam were still in shock, constantly asking random questions and looking at Louis and Harry like they were aliens whenever they were around each other.

Currently Zayn and Harry were sitting criss crossed on the living room floor with guitar and notebook in hand.

Liam was playing a heated game of mario kart, and Niall was leaning against the couch, helping Louis flip through Harry's contracts, occasionally highlighting pieces.

"Did you know you aren't allowed to eat prunes in public? Like legally?" Niall spoke up looking at the documents in his hand incredulously.

Harry paused his strumming to look up, "Figures. My character on The Complex has this hatred of prunes. I guess they're trying to keep the act up."

Louis snorted, not looking up from his own thick stack of papers, "What does affidavit mean?"

"I'm on it." Zayn said, turning to look it up on his laptop.

"Okay how about this?" Harry said, beginning to strum a few chords, only messing up once or twice before clearing his throat, "We don't know where we're going but we know where we belong..." His voice muttered off near the end.

"Write that piece down, that's good." Zayn nodded, "A written or printed statement, made under oath- affidavit."

"Mm..." Louis grimaced, deciding to turn his attention away from the documents and crawl onto the floor to sit next to Harry, "When d'ya think you'll release that song?"

Harry shrugged, "I suppose I could have it out in, like, a week. Theoretically. I think I'm almost done with it, but I still need to record it and do all the technical stuff... And I don't know- I mean, I'm an actor, I don't know how people will react or if it will suck or-"

"You need to calm down bugs. Everyone's gonna love it, okay? I like the song-"

"You're biased."

"Zayn and Niall and Liam like the song." Louis mentioned.

Harry sighed, "Right. You like the song at least."

"Isn't that all that matters?" Louis smiled cheekily.

"It is." Harry noted, not caring that Louis was joking, or that Zayn made a face whenever he said things like that out loud.

"Who asked out who first then?" Liam asked.

These questions had become a normal occurrence over the past few days, popping up seemingly out of nowhere.

Louis had definitely answer the question before, but he answered again nonetheless.

"Harry." Louis said the same time Harry said, "Me."

"That's all? You aren't gonna tell us the story?" Niall whined.

"Don't you guys find it a bit strange how invested you are in our love life?" Louis asked, leaning against Harry's side.

"Uh, no, not at all. This is like a Hollywood romance level love story." Liam defended, eyes still trained on his mario kart.

"But like that one is an embarrassing story." Harry said, scribbling something down in his notebook.

Louis snorted, "Hardly for you. He asked me out in the hallway during school, and I like, took forever to get that he was actually asking me out, and so finally he had to yell in my face that he liked me."