十二

mark was extremely close to running away from doyoung.

"will you please hush now hyung! blah blah blah, we get it, taeyong is handsome, you finally got his number and he's coming over tomorrow but please, for the love of god, listen to me for a second. it is my 5th anniversary with jeno and jaemin in a week and i have no idea what to do which is why i came here since you're usually better than me at this stuff. now help me, please and thank you. we'll get to taeyong after i plan this shit out."

rolling his eyes, doyoung stood up and stretched. "come on, let's go to the balcony then. i think i can focus there."

mark huffed and muttered under his breath about how the older was such a pain but nonetheless scooped the papers up into his arms. "i want wine."

"you're getting sparkling grape juice."

"ugh."

"shut up and don't be ungrateful. i'm still surprised that i'm actually spending my time to help you with this."

mark rolled his eyes and got up, trailing after the other man. "trust me, i'm surprised too."

doyoung just tsks and opens the door to the balcony, grabbing two cans of sparkling cider from the fridge.

"so, run me through your rough plan again?"

✈️

when mark excused himself to the bathroom, doyoung started to "clean" the rooms, starting from the living room. he scooped up the stray papers regarding the business lying around everywhere plus the three different blankets and moved them to his room, stacking them up in an empty corner in the closet. he slid the translucent door shut and heaved out a breath, thinking that he was done until he walked into the other bedroom, and was appalled at the mess that was in there after months of not touching it.

he specifically told the maids to not move his documents or any belongings, unless they were on the floor and in the way, and now he regretted it as he was met with the the random papers he had thrown everywhere and all of the empty wrappers and soda bottles left by his cousin who stayed with him for a month until his house was done being renovated.

groaning in annoyance. he started to grab everything he could fit into his arms and went to throw them away. just as he dumped the things into the trash can, his phone started to ring, and doyoung gasped because that was the ringtone that he had set for taeyong!

he rushed to answer the call, holding it up to his ear and clearing his throat.

"hello?"

"oh yeah, hey doyoung. look— i'm really really sorry for this but i won't be able to make it to your place tomorrow."

doyoung paused for a moment, a bit too wrapped up in the joy of hearing the older man's voice again to comprehend what he said.

"pardon me?"

"i have something that i need to attend to so i can't make it tomorrow and i'm really sorry but can we meet sometime next week? i do have to tell you some stuff and i might need your help for something as well," taeyong said, rushing his words out. doyoung barely understood what he said but caught onto the gist of it, smile dropping from his face at the news.

"oh... yeah that's fine. see you next week?"

"yeah. i'm sorry doyoung. i do need to get going so bye for now." doyoung could slightly hear some honking and yelling in the background, so he assumed that taeyong was out in the city.

"b—" and the line was cut before he could finish his goodbye.

he lowered his phone from his ear, staring at his lock screen, a picture from when he had gone to the beach with johnny as a kid. how he wished he could go back to those times, only ever having to worry about his school and never about other people.

"hyung? there's no more tissue paper in the bathroom."

mark walked into the bedroom, took a quick look around and promptly backed out of it.

"i'll be on the patio. please clean up this mess, oh my gosh."

his footsteps receded and doyoung slumped down into the corner chair, staring at the ground. his head was blank except for one thing: lee taeyong.

-

PLEASE HOW DO YOU GUYS PUT UP WITH ME I HAVENT UPDATED SINCE LIKE APRIL OR MAY IM SO SORRY LOVES

idk why my motivation to write fucking flew out the window for a good 6 months but i'm back hehe sorry

i love you cinths!!!