doyoung unlocked his apartment with the numeric keypad, pushing the door open and leading the way to the living room for johnny who was marveling at his surroundings.

"no matter how many times i see your family's multiple houses, i'll never get used to the level of luxury," he said as he flung his small black backpack onto the ground and face-planted into the plush, cream colored sofa.

doyoung chuckled as he bent down and picked up the discarded backpack, setting it next to the tall male's head.

"what do you want to eat? we can order from outside or you can raid my limited pantry," he said as he walked to to the kitchen to pour a glass of water for the both of them. footsteps echoed in the hallway as johnny appeared, eyes gleaming with happiness at the thought of unlimited food. curse medical school and his boyfriend for completely killing his bank account.

doyoung pushed the glass of water towards his eager friend who gulped it down in one go. "can we order olive garden? i want a chicken parmigiana with some red wine," johnny said, staring at doyoung eagerly.

furrowing his eyebrows, doyoung shot a look at the older male. "it's the middle of the day hyung. no red wine but yes to some sparkling juice because i'm not keeping any alcohol in this house anymore."

"but sparkling juice is dumb!"

a sigh came out of doyoung's mouth. something's really never did change like how johnny always acted like he was a child in front of the shorter male.

"and i refuse to let you drink at 2pm and i don't want any alcohol. now be quiet hyung," he said, pulling his phone out of his pocket before going to the fridge which had the phone numbers of various restaurants stuck on it. he dialed the number for olive garden and placed the order for the both of them, deciding on a king salmon for himself.

by the time he was done, johnny had his head resting on his hands, eyes staring at him.

"why do you not want any alcohol near you?"

"you know why."

"not really. care to enlighten me?"

a look of confusion painted doyoung's face because as far as he could remember, the first person he ever told was johnny.

"don't lie to me," doyoung said as he noticed a small smile taking over johnny's face. "you've always been a bad liar."

"ah, you got me," johnny said as he followed doyoung out of the kitchen. if he had a tail, it probably would have been wagging along behind him due to how happy he was to see one of his best friends after so many years.

"i missed you doieee," he said before abruptly running into a glass panel due to not paying attention to where he was walking. "ow shit—"

"missed me so much that you didn't notice there was a panel in front of you hyung? nice one."

johnny looked at the male while rubbing the bright red spot on his forehead. "oh hush you rude ass. but yes, i did miss you."

doyoung scoffed as he turned around, sliding the door to the balcony open. he walked out into the fresh air, grabbing some iced tea from the mini cooler and popping the lid of the can open before taking a sip. he stared at the view of central park, able to see some people lying on blankets, probably on a date. he envyed them, the people who were able to find someone who made their heart flutter and soar while keeping them as well. but doyoung? he didn't have any luck with work life, social life, nor love life.

with work, he never wanted to take after his father in leading the group. he actually wanted to become a pilot so that he could go where he wanted to go (despite his flight sickness) but there was no chance for him to say that. he knew that the second he voiced his inner thoughts about not taking over after his father, he'd be kicked out and left on the streets to rot. as for social life, he had been a outcast since he was younger due to being homeschooled for a 'higher quality of education'. the one person who became his friend when he was 16 was johnny suh, the tall and handsome boy who came from chicago to seoul to be with his mom. they fell out of touch after johnny went back to the us to pursue his medical degree. finally for love, well, that was already quite self-explanatory. just look at his experience with the adorable flight attendant for a 100% accurate example.

he was knocked out of his negativity as the door slid open again and johnny with an ice pack pressed against his forehead joined him in staring at the park that was sprawled out in front of them.

"are you trying to look for the flowers in the bushes all the way down there or something? why are you staring so intently?" johnny asked, copying the way that doyoung had his arms resting on the gate of the balcony.

"hyung, do you think i should have not taken on this position?"

johnny's eyes widened as he whipped his head around to look at doyoung.

"why do you ask that?"

doyoung tsked as johnny answered his question with another question, but he still answered nonetheless.

"i don't really want to do this for the rest of my life. only attend meetings, only look at papers, not have enough time for anyone else in my life. i want to have a proper relationship with someone in the future as well. when i remember how father used to, and still does, ignore mom and just dump money into her account to try and make up for his absence, i'm scared that i'll be just like him and i don't want that."

johnny hummed as he stole the bottle of iced tea in doyoung's hands and took a long sip, before handing it back to the other male.

"honestly speaking, i think you shouldn't have chosen to appease your dad by taking on this job. if you were younger, i would have told you to stop listening to your father's wishes and go do what you want to do but you're not young anymore doyoung. you're nearing your thirties and if you try to change your profession now, there's only a very slight possibility that things will work out for you in the future.

"that being said, even if you do get super busy, you're aware of everything around you. you'd never ignore the people close to you doyoung so don't think that you'll be a copy of your father just because you two are doing the same work. from what i know about you, you are so much better than him."

a tear slipped out of the younger males eye and fell down as he listened to johnny's words.

"thanks hyung," he said, voice slightly choked up.

johnny sent a small smile his way. "anytime bunny."

doyoung scowled slightly at the stupid nickname from when he was younger but didn't say anything as they both went back to admiring the scenery in front of them.

"don't you have a meeting that you need to attend right now hyung?"

"shIT—"

-

hey hey hey i'm not dead woohoo 💀

take a cute yuta