taeyong shuffled from foot to foot, hands clasped behind his back as he stood in front of doyoung.

"will..." doyoung trailed off as he switched his bag from his right hand to the left.

"will i ever see you again sweetheart?" the younger male asked as he looked down at the older one.

"i-i'm not sure..."

they elapsed into silence once again and just as doyoung was about to speak again, taeyong was called by the head flight attendant.

bowing quickly, taeyong exited cabin e for the last time, not even able to say a proper goodbye before he was whisked off somewhere else.

doyoung stared at the door that shut after he left with a sad smile on his face.

"well, i guess not everything is meant to last."

the ravenette walked through central park with his hands in his pockets as he hummed a careless tune.

it was the beginning of fall and all of the trees in the large park just started to lose their leaves, so the ground was covered with reds, oranges, yellows, and browns. a couple of leaves feel onto doyoung and he brushed them off as he continued strolling, thoughts wandering all over the place.

it had been nearly four months since he arrived in new york and he was swamped with work. for the first month he stayed at the ritz carlton where his father reserved the royal suite (why he wanted to spend $15,000 per night for just one person when the suite was meant for four at the least, doyoung had no idea but he decided to go with it at this point) before moving to their apartment at the mandarin oriental (yet again an extremely expensive one, coming in at the price of around $50m). setting all of those numbers aside, doyoung was comfortable. he was used to this life; wake up, sit down and fill out paperwork, attend meetings, eat some ramen, go to sleep, rinse and repeat. it was robotic but he was raised to handle all of the pressure thrown on him.

as he thought of his latest stack of paperwork, he tried to take another step but instead tripped over a crack in the sidewalk and fell down onto the ground with a thud.

"oww, what the fuck you stupid sidewalk," he whispered to himself, letting go of his usual etiquette since he just fell and hurt himself quite badly.

he felt his knee softly through the fabric of his slacks, noticing how the black became darker and felt damp due to the blood as he hissed in pain.

"do you need some help?" a voice asked him in english.

doyoung looked up to see a tall man with long blonde hair tied into a low ponytail staring down at him. golden strands fell out of the ponytail and framed his face, his hair complementing the baby blue button up shirt that was tucked into a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, a leather jacket thrown on top to complete the look.

"no thank you," doyoung said as he shook his head slightly and tried to get off the ground. he failed at the end and the handsome stranger cocked a pierced eyebrow at him as he carried him over to the bench and set him down lightly.

"you might have to go get that checked out," the blonde said, staring at doyoung's swollen ankle. "i think you either sprained it or fractured it."

"i will, thank you for helping," doyoung replied, feeling his ankle tenderly. there was definitely something wrong with it at the very least and he mentally started crying because he had a important meeting in an hour that he had to attend.

"no problem stranger. what's your name?"

"my name is doyoung kim. yours?"

"hold on, doyoung kim? are you perhaps the son of hanjin group and live at the mandarin oriental?"

doyoung stared at the male weirdly before he nodded. "yes i am. who are you and how do you know that?"

"man it's been forever since i've seen you! it's me, johnny!"

"johnny? what the heck?"

taeyong pouted as he watched the drama that was playing on the tv in his apartment back in korea as he stuffed his face with ice cream. he was sad for multiple reasons, one that he had two days left until he was back on his shift for work and continued traveling around the world and cleaning up after random passengers.

his phone started ringing on the bedside table and he grabbed the remote to pause the show before answering the call without checking the id.

"hello?"

"taeyongggg!! how are you man?"

the said man moved his phone away from his ear at the loud greeting.

"you dumb bitch jung jaehyun you just blew my ear out and i'm fine, you literally just saw me yesterday."

"sorry not sorry. i just wanted to see if you would come out of your house and downstairs so that we can go outside and you can socialize," jaehyun said.

heaving out a sigh and getting off of his plush bed, taeyong put his phone on speaker mode as he grabbed a random white t-shirt and black cargo pants. he tugged off his pajamas and started to put on his new clothes all the while maintaining his conversation with jaehyun.

"ew that sounds disgusting. who socializes nowadays, totally wasn't me yesterday when we went to the dog cafe," he said as he rummaged through his closet for his baseball hat.

"shut up and get your ass down here," jaehyun said, nearly ending the call before rethinking and deciding to say one more thing. "i love you boo."

"i love you too milk boy."

"THAT WAS ONE TIME WILL YOU EVER STOP—"

and taeyong hung up. snickering at the younger male, he put his phone in his pocket and brushed his hands through his hair as he walked out of his bedroom to the front door where he put some shoes on. he grabbed a grey padded jacket before walking out, making sure that he had his keys with him.

-

ew ew ew i hated that ending but this was already 1000 words so i had to stop there because i'm trying to keep these chapters medium sized

but hey i finally updated and i'm so sorry i just disappeared 🥺 i was sooo busy with finals and starting a new term ugh pray for me

i love you all 💕